THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    I Need Some Help In Explaining.............
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Need Some Help In Explaining.............
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
As an African operator, SCI has failed both their membership and conservaton by condoning illegal and unethical practices. Of cource, I am looking close to home and the OOA saga as a prime example, but there have been many, many others. John Jacson broke with SCI and formed conservation force. I am sure John does well out of this Wink but he does alot more to keep hunting available for American sportsmen in Africa than SCI.

Zimbabwe banned operators from donating to SCI in 1990. It upset SCI then and Zim operators who need the booth location have found ways around the legislation. As one of the men who enforced that ban on donated hunts...I still am in full agreement with it. The hunt will be sold for less than its actual value...so the operator inflates wht the hunt s worth and generally only assigns a top PH if the client is important enough...run of the mill guys who buy hunts on SCI uctions will get PH's who will work for half of what I will crawl out of bed for!

DCS...they have never claimed to help us nore represent us. There is a price...you can can pay or you can donate to move up the boards. I must say nit is nice to be able to ask...what will it cost me to get a stand in X location, and be given a figure...not oh well lets see what your donation looks like...

Andre de Georges as SCI's pont man in Africa for many years. His Integrety is (and always was) above question. He was a little liberal in his politics and actually belived in the people of Arica...so He was preplaced by a more pliable man with more elsatic values...(and a director/shareholder in OOA.) sofa
so the donated auction hunts with Chifuti Safaris, HHK Safaris, Martin Pieters Safaris, and Lalapansi Safaris are essentially illegal hunts with substandard PH's.?? i guess that is good to know but a little disappointing. i think the donors may be in for a shock if asked about this next week.

rotflmo

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
Jdollar...No HHK, Chifuti etc found a legal loophole so as to be able to donate hunts - the hunts will be perfectly legal and the operator will bring into zimbabwe a wad of US$ and bank it locally to 'pay' for their own donated hunt - even if the hunt was on your own land and the animals cost you nothing...the government requires you to being in and bank a certain minimum ammount.

And lets put it this way...hunt is worth 10k...it will be advertised in Safari as being worth 15k...it will sell on the floor for say 6k. Now who am I going to use on the hunt. A top pro that is going to cost me 200 a day? Or somebody that will work for 150...Who bought the hunt? Can I get real milage out of it? Hey It's George W! Heck I'll do the hunt myself and make darn sure he has a great one becuase I am going to get 30k's worth of free advertising out of this...Joe yank.. "ok, you've got your licence but you really start learning when you go out with your first client...so this is where you get your feet wet young man!" Or " Fred, you really are getting a bit old for PHing but I understand you need the shilling, I'll see what days I can give you - cannot promis a full season but here's one to start with..."

Cynical...yes, But I have been involved in the industry a long time.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
David, shame on you. Roll Eyes Confused

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Anybody here speak German?

For those of you who do not, there are three ways to say "THE" in German. Der is the one used for masculine things like hammers and thermonuclear weapons. Das is the one for the few things that are not gender specific. That leaves us with the third; die. That one is applied to things that are feminine by description.

Die ou Jagter is, roughly, the (feminine __ Jagter. Definition is not specified. Jagd is hunt, Jagter is the hunter. My German is not recent enough to be sure if doj thinks he is defining someone of the male gender hunting for females of some sort, or a female person or an effeminate male who hunts for _____? Can someone more proficient help me out here?

Easy to answer this, don't care for one or the others politics, don't support them. Especially by attending their shows/convention.

Rich

Die Ou Jagter, Afrikaans for "the old hunter".
die-the
ou -old
jagter-hunter Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Scriptus, it is Arikaans not German. I originally posted as The Old Hunter and ask my friend Gary Tonks to translate ot Afrikaans.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Meneer Die Ou Jagter,

Dit is 'n groot plesier. {a great pleasure} Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote