THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone else have a 416 rem mag Sako?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else have a 416 rem mag Sako?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have only handled two other 416 rem mag Sakos.I was told that Sako had quit making the 416 Rem mag wooden stock model I just bought.Without Winchester and remington hardly making any 416 rem mags its getting hard to find a 416 rem mag all of a sudden.I got this rifle and the Model 70 458 win mag super grade the same day.I had thought of reboring a Ruger RSM in 375 to 416 rem mag.The only thing I dont loike on the Sakos is the rings.The guy I bought it from put Leopold rings on it after the Sako Rings broke after 20 rounds through the gun.Thats the second Sako 416 doing the same thing.I really liked the first two I handled and wish I did have a fiberglass stock for this one.The wood is just too pretty.The 416 rem mag which is so popular needs some new guns to be put in .I wanted a Ruger rsm but this Sako will work just fine.I was wondering if anyone else here had one.

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of duggaboybuff
posted Hide Post
a good mate of mine had one custom built on a Sako L61R .375 H&H action. This rifle is a masterpiece!!

Posts: 411 | Location: australia | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
According to their website, Sako is still making the 416 Rem Mag. Its listed under their "custom shop" section. Their website is

www.sako.fi

Posts: 789 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
See also http://www.berettausa.com/product/product_rifles_main.htm

Click on <Sako 75 Big Game Deluxe> at the top of the left side menu.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the ruger rsm but have too many 416 rem mag rifles and brass to change.The sako 41`6 rem mag is an awesome rifle under a $1000.

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian Van Blerk of Tanzania Bundu uses a 416 Rem Sako exqlusively. The bluing is worn to silver. Hugh

Posts: 435 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin It pleases the hell out of me to know that I own a left handed Sako in a .416 Remington Mag. Gorgeous wood ... The previous owner had engraved on the floor plate .. MOAG ... which he told me meant, 'Mother of a Gun' !!! I suspect that the rifle must be 12 or 15 years old ... Not sure .. It is unmarked so far .. gotta drag it through the jesse one of these days .. I owned the same rifle back in '94 and shot a jumbo, a lioness, and a reedbuck with it .. Sold it in a stupid moment and luckily found its twin later ... I'm going to Oz to shoot a water buffalo with it in July... thumb

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote