Find
Notify
Tools

Books on Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Karamojo Bill
posted
It's only 278 days until I fly to RSA to hunt with Steyn Caracal Safaris clap. YAHOO!!!

I'm re-reading anything I can get my hands on about Africa. If you have any books by Ruark, (except "Horn of the Hunter"), Capstick, Karamojo Bell, Patterson, Hunter, etc. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price and shipping.

Thanks in advance,

Karamojo Bill

At then end of my time here, I want to come skidding through the Pearly Gates & hear God say, "Whoa Boy, that was a hell of a ride!"

Posts: 118 | Location: Margaritaville, Oregon | Registered: 30 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
You've missed some great opportunities on books in our own classified section lately. Check it frequently as I'm sure more are coming and they tend to go very fast.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
The subject of what to read has been debated at length in the Books and Video forum. You might want to check it. You also might want to pick up a copy of the SCI record book's African edition to give yourself an idea of the size and variety of the antelope you'll encounter in South Africa.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karamojo Bill
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I will check the classifieds here.

Karamojo Bill

At then end of my time here, I want to come skidding through the Pearly Gates & hear God say, "Whoa Boy, that was a hell of a ride!"

Posts: 118 | Location: Margaritaville, Oregon | Registered: 30 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
also try e-bay and amazon.

Sprig

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget "The Perfect Shot" by Kevin Robertson. Memorize it.

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karamojo Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevin henderson:
Don't forget "The Perfect Shot" by Kevin Robertson. Memorize it.

I've a copy of that already! (and the pocket size version as well).

SBT, Where ARE the classifieds here???

Karamojo Bill

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Towards the bottom, under "Other Topics". Here ya go: https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/2711043

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote