New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 550 American in 404???????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I heard that CZ was coming out with a 404? Anybody got any info on these? A link to a web page?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I've seen the "display" model. They are suppose to be out soon.

Call them: 913-321-1811

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best thing about CZ making this offering is it may be followed up by more third party offerings on .404 brass, components, etc.

Posts: 584 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carmelolisciotto:
The best thing about CZ making this offering is it may be followed up by more third party offerings on .404 brass, components, etc.

That is a good deal. I would not mind having a .404 my self but components can be a bit hard to find.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the new mags 404, 505 et will cost $1,750 with nice wood and 100 less with reg wood. You will be able to get certain upgrade options on them from the factory. I asked if the action was bedded and slicked up and the person I talked to at CZ wasan't sure on that. I would really like to have a plain Jane one for $1,000 or so but that not going to happen.

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Donato,
I hear ya on that one. That is why I decided to have mine custom. Based on the Montana Action, I am having all my own features put on and the action slicked, barrel lapped, lugs lapped, stock inletted and bedded, NECC sights, etc. When all said and done it has still cost me less than the CZ offering. But a lot of the guys here on AR helped me make the right decisions throughout this process and they have my thanks.

Posts: 584 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote