Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant Pictures Needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted
A friend of mine owns a magazine (www.southerndistinction.com). She has asked me to write an article about my experience hunting P.A.C. elephants. Alas and unfortunately, most all of my pictures are of dead animals.

Would someone be kind enough to e-mail me some high resolution pictures of alive elephants that they have photographed? ... bulls and/or cows... and perhaps locals gathering around to divide up the meat. Pay for the article is so meager that I'll not insult you with quoting a photographer's fee, but I'll make sure that you get credit for any photo used and also make sure that you get sent a copy of the magazine.

It's a high quality magazine distributed mainly in Georgia with a circulation of over 10,000 copies. If your picture gets chosen, I can assure you that you'll be happy with the results and you'll will have a nice "trophy" to show off your photographical prowess and be a part of getting some "pro-hunting" information to lots of folks who usually only read Disney-tripe.

My e-mail is properfistmele@hotmail.com
Please give me a short note in the accompaning e-mail that the picture is yours and Southern Distinction has the right to publish it. (Limit the permission to Southern Distinction, if you wish, of course).

Thanking you in advance...

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
.... unfortunately, most all of my pictures are of dead animals.

Mmm. It might be a good idea to take some pics of live animals too. Much better and more interesting photos too.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
E-mail sent with photo attachments.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
E-mail sent.
465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Let me know if smaller files are required.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
JudgeG

I dont know if this sort of thing might be suitable !

Anyhow if not, no worries (just enjoy the dream)

Cheers, Peter
---------------------

EMAIL Peter  Balla-Balla Company Portfolio
Peter J. Bird

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge,

Your honor e-mail sent with attachments.

Greg

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Email sent ! thumb

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much! I think I have plenty now from which to choose.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Probably too little, too late, but I have sent a few photos as well.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote