New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is This Animal?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Looks like cross between a hyena and a fox...?

When you read the article, click on the link they have there for more photos.

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Although further East than I have previously seen them, that is a Del Carmin Catawaumpus cub...they only live in the Del Carmin mountains of the Texas Big Bend and in Mexico...The legs on the off side are shorter than the legs on the near side, therefore they can only run in one direction around a steep mountain...If you jump one sit down and look behind you and he will be coming around the mountain soon and don't worry they can only fall up hill...

See you in 6 more days and I will explain there nocturnal breeding habits to you and all.

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a Nuaga, where do you think Nuagahide for furniture comes from.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like something with mange -a coyote maybe? Foxes with mange often loose their fear of man, dogs etc.

Or maybe it�s a troll!

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
It's the prehistoric common ancestor of the dog and hyaena - uglyifyasaurous.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
What ever it is, it has a nasty case of mange. Looks like a fox to me.

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Is this anywhere near Three Mile Island?

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Looks like a dog or coy-dog, suffering extreme hair loss. He won't survive the winter as he is. Structurally, only the head is odd, IMO.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Nickudu,

Shit, I thought you were dead. Or is your e-mail down or ignoring me?

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Yes, scabies or mange whatever the difference is... Here in Sweden, almost all foxes died in a very infectuos form of scabies and they looked a lot like that in the last stage. The population have only recently recoverd. The only remedy was gunshot to end the suffering and petrol and a match to prevent other animals to be infected... Very sad to see fox-cubs looking like that desperately seeking food dying of infected wounds from scratching, cold and hunger...

Regards,

Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Will,
Just doin' what I love best. Emails O.K. now. Thought it was
just a "sending" problem.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damnedest thing is, one of my coworkers saw something just like this, Saturday right outside our gun club.

WBAL has two videos, though -- one of the critters looks more like a fox than the other.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
It's an AKC purebred "Canardly"

Can-hardly tell what it is.

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another person sighting it said "I'm from New Jersey so I thought it was the New Jersey Devil" !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Has Walter been in the vicinity of Baltimore anytime recently?

The animal is obviously a Waterhog!

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is nothing more than a coyote with severe mange. Here in my part of central Texas I see them in this condition every now and then and this mange has dwindled their numbers severely.