Find
Notify
Tools

Rain in southern Namibia
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
A friend of mine just posted what southern Namibia looks like by Aroab, east of Keetmanshoop. They got some rain in the Kalahari!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That certainly is good news. Praise God for every drop.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. I wonder how things are in the northern part of the country. I always worry about the area near Kamanjab. I have seen so much drought and dead and dying animals in a few places in Southern Africa. It is always so sad.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
That is the area I hunted in 2005. It had rained like that the summer before I got there.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very good news...I hunted north of Aroab in 2014..

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Update:

69mm (2.7") and still raining by Aroab

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
Fantastic. I wonder how things are in the northern part of the country. I always worry about the area near Kamanjab...

Got a video from Byseewah end of December showing streams running and dams filling. The area is between Otjikondo and Etosha Pan, east of Kamanjab.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Tim. Sounds great!

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Northern Namibia has been receiving some rain also.

not as much as the southern part, but much needed moisture. They are very thank full.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here are some pix of 5 Jan 2021 from Byseewah, some 40 km ssw of Etosha Pan.

Regards, Tim

One of the major land dams on the property, filled by runoff from the hills to the north into a river that runs strong in good rains.

This is the waterhole near the lodge filled by the river dammed there after good rains. 30,000 hectare property has a few more than several eland.

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Calf crop looks good this year.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It's green and flooding in the Kalihari, Jan 12, 2021

Frank

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
If you're on Facebook there is a Namibia weather group and the link is here below. Lots of pictures of the tremendous rain they have received.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1409406455754451

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Ph told me some of the best rain so far he has seen in his life time. Should really help all the new born calves and bring game numbers right back up after some hard years. Can not wait to hit namibia dirt to hunt again soon

Posts: 576 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to my September buff/plains game hunt in the Caprivi..

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow, isn't that a sight to see. Should really green up the land.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote