Find
Notify
Tools

A Far From Ordinary Life
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
Have just started to read this and can hardly put it down.

The initial chapters reek of history and bygone times and Fred is a no nonsense writer.

Anyone else read this?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an autographed copy and it lies on the coffee table in my trophy room. Great book and a great person.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I spent a few minutes with Fred Duckworth in Reno last month. I've known him for at least 20 years and can tell you that he is the real thing. The articles he used to submit for publication in Safari magazine needed a minimum of editing, which is something I cannot say about the majority of articles I used to receive.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Could not agree more! An excellent memoir... not the typical "went there, shot that" book and superbly illustrated by Fred's lovely wife Elise. When I first paged through the book at the Rowland Ward booth I knew I had to have a ltd. edition copy!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto
Well worth the read.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote