New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nimibia / South Africa outfitters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After My Nimibia hunt(7-10 days) I want to do a large amount of driving / sightseeing (7-10 days ). I expect to pay extra for this service. I am only paying $300 a day, everything included except a fee for the extra driving for me & my wife. What do you think is a fair price per km is to reimburse the outfitter for his extra expenses, We will be driving from Otjiwarongo - the Caprivi and back.

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Robert,
I work with a company in Namibia that charges 0.25 Euro per km for transfer of clients to other areas. I think that might be a bit on the lean side, but I dont think that they will fall short in any case.

Posts: 133 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
We rented a car in Windhoek, and paid 840Nam$ a day (free km), which is approximately 100Euro. We travelled from Windhoek, to Swakopmund, Etosha, Grootfontein, Caprivi and then in to Zambia and through Botswana back..
Driving is perfectly safe, as long as you just take your precautions. Don`t engage the outfitter, is my suggestion.. If thats what you meant..?
You`ll have a great trip!

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote