New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAFE Pick Up and Touring at JNB-
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
I have seen a number of posts concerning safety at JNB Airport and travels within the city and surrounding areas.

I want to pass on a great contact in Johannesburg that we used last year and my partner and his wife just used a couple of weeks ago.
I would like to introduce Mthandeni-
He goes by "Tandeni" full name is Mthandeni Khumalo. He was referred to me by the great folks at Afton House where we stayed between our hunt on East Cape and 5 day tour to Timbavati and back to Afton House....before departure home...after a 3 month cruise and finally safari...4 months to home!!

www.mthandenitravels.co.za
email- mthandenitourguide@webmail.co.za
Mobile phone- 27 82 209 2323

We arranged for Tandeni to come to Afton House to pick us up for the drive to the top of the country near Kruger Park, about an 8 hour drive through the spectacular countryside, little towns and the Drakkensburg Mountains, vs taking a 11/2 hour flight. We saw the country up close and personal, Tandeni gave us a flowing historical commentary as we traversed this beautiful country. We used very few freeways, and we stopped for refreshments, bathroom, lunch and arrived at Kruger Entrance, and then on to the Private Reserve entrance....and right to Kambaku Lodge where the staff rolled out the entire staff for a typical South African welcome.
Tandeni dropped us off for our 5 day-4 night adventure, stayed in the area, came in on day 3 and took us on a long tour in Kruger Park and back in time for our afternoon game drive.
On day 5, he arrived just in time for lunch, joined us for lunch and we departed about 1PM for the drive back to Afton House.
We traversed a completely different route going back, more freeway and the "other side of the mountains", little villages with street vendors, and a gas and comfort stop arriving back at Afton House just before Cocktail Hour!!
We had a fantastic time with Tandeni and one of the most spectacular road trips we have ever enjoyed since our first trip in 1980!!
Tandeni is a tall, trim, well dressed Zulu who is extremely polite and knowledgeable about his country and history. One very unique trait, often he prefaced a political historical comment with-"when I become President......"
For our trip he drove a Toyota mid-Size SUV with leather seats, we used the two back seats with plenty of room for our travel luggage. The passenger seat up front was his "office"... He has access to larger SUV's and up to a 40-50 passenger Bus.
He does airport pick up and transport only to hotels and lodges or safari camps, picks up at Afton House and other airport Lodges, he does local city tours, tours to the coast...and even to Durban or Capetown. He can make hotel/lodge reservations as well.
The best part, his rates are VERY REASONABLE, in fact our 5 day driving tour was just about the same as 2 airline tickets from JNB to Kruger Airport and back!!...the Kruger mid-trip tour added $200 for the day!!
Of course Afton House offers their clients VW Van pick up at the airport, with a runner inside to meet you at the entrance to Baggage Claim, handling baggage inside, call in the Van and load up...this is GREAT SERVICE.
If you aren't staying locally and blasting off immediately, or just going to Sandton or other major downtown hotels....TANDENI is your guy.
We highly recommend him and his excellent and friendly service. You will enjoy him.
Feel free to PM me for chat and further information.
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Today you are not allowed in RSA unless you agree to their quarantine laws.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote