THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Hunt Report Of Safari With Pierre van Tonder

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Hunt Report Of Safari With Pierre van Tonder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I looked at several cameras and picked the Canon 1S IS to take with me. I am glad to see your were pleased with yours, I hope to get pictures to compare to your excellent shots. I would have been much less prepared had it not been for you nuts here at AR and of course Ray, who was responsible for my hunt. Thanks again and good shooting.

Posts: 2354 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Sounds like a very good time!

Thanks for the report.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Harry,

These photos were taken by different cameras.

But, for hunting, I would highly recommend two from Canon.

For a pocket camera, I recommend the Ixus range. They have cameras that have 3.2, 4.0 and 5.0 megapixel sensors. We used several of the 5 MB cameras, and evryone loved them. They are very mall, and can be carried in the pocket. They use a small rechargeable battery, that last for several hundred photos. It has a 3X optical zoom.

The second one is the Canon 1S IS - this one has a 3.2 MB sensor, and a fantastic 10X optical zoom, with image stabilizer. Your photos will look pin sharp, even at the highest magnification. This one uses 4 AA batteries, which can be either rechargeable or normal alkaline ones.

This one doubles as a very good video camera, with quality that is better than Hi8 cameras. The only problem is you have to have a very high capacity CF card to be able to record video in any lengfth of time.

Each 1Gig will give you about 9 minutes of video.

Of course, you do not have to use it that way.

Posts: 67388 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Great photos of what appears to have been a great hunt. There's nothing like good times with good friends. Thanks for sharing them with us. I'll be heading back to LU2 one year from today. I left my heart there last year and have to go back to see if I can find it!

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Now I know were I will spend my money if I ever won the lottery

Saeed, congratulations, what a hunt!!
Thanks for the pictures. The buff standing in the water was not big enough to shoot it??

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pictures and commentary. I will be hunting with Pierre the first ten days of October in Tanzania, this information gives a rookie African hunter a good overview of what to expect. Sounds like you guys had a whale of a hunt, congrats on a happy and safe hunt. Good shooting.

Posts: 2354 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I apologise for taking so long to post a report of our hunt.

I have not finished it yet, but thought of sharing what I have done so far with you here.

Hopefully I will be able to finish it with the next day or two, in which case I will just update this file.

Hunting the Selous, August 2004, with Pierre van Tonder Safaris

Posts: 67388 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote