Find
Notify
Tools

Best month to hunt buffalo?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of crl
posted
After meeting with a bazillion outfitters in Reno, I am booking a buffalo/plains game hunt with Paul Stones Safaris. I am leaning towards July of 07. Since this is going to be a family vacation as well July and August are the only dates that will work for us. Of these two months, is one better than the other. I know this is a loaded question but give a newbie a hand.

crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Usually later is better with buffalo simply because as water dries up the animals are less scattered staying near available water. Either month is OK as far as the height of the grass. Early hunts are tough before the grass is burned or knocked down. I love either month, No bugs and cool weather.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I like to hunt in Early September

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
usually the letter the better, water holes dry up and force the herds into areas, and the grass gets beaten down so you can see better (but so can they)

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote