New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC 2015 Hotel - Updated info
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Reservations for the dates of the DSC Convention 2015 at the OMNI are open. They were pretty much sold out by the end of April last year...just a word to the wise if you want to stay at the OMNI next January.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thnaks Karl

Be good to see some 2015 coonvention info on the DSC website... oor have I missed something??

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, there was this mention inside 'Events', nothing inside 'Convention'

http://biggame.org/event/dsc-2015-convention/

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl, I'll just have my room put on your card.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cecil, if you did that you would have to deal with Ms Rebecca and sometimes that isn't too pleasant. No worries, though...if you book your room now they won't charge your credit card until much later, but will use it to hold the room. At any rate, the cost of a hotel room shouldn't bother a rich guy like you...

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
At any rate, the cost of a hotel room shouldn't bother a rich guy like you...

You obviously have me mistaken with someone else.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got mine today

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl
You must have Life-Lock.
I had to use my own card to pay!
Thanks for the info.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are the dates for DSC in 2015?

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 489 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$175 a night at the Omni.
You can go onto the DSC conv. website to hotels & get a list of hotels & their prices.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Filling up fast! As of this morning over 1700 room nights have been booked at the OMNI. If bookings continue at this rate there will be very few rooms left in a couple of weeks.

Karl

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. I think I am going to go back to Aloft. The whole valet parking situation at the Omni was a disaster unless you started the process of getting your car about an hour and half early. Besides with no valet there is no dilemma over tipping. Wink

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I better do this now. I or my wife and I have never stayed at the Convention hotel but it might be the best way to go now.

We have stayed at ZaZa . Nice but is it ever noisy. And at Mansion. Nice but is it ever expensive. We like the Holiday Inn down the way and great breakfast too but then parking is ugggh ,

Thanks.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I loved staying at the Omni two years ago. But this year, we stayed at Aloft. When we took a cab to P/U our friends at the Omni, they couldn't get in. There was at least a half hour wait. It was crazy. The Aloft is an easy walk to the convention. I'll stay there again. I will not stay at the Omni again, as the cabs were a mess.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see some of you had positive experiences at the Aloft, mine were not good & will not stay there again.
1. No dollies to carry luggage available for checking in nor out.
2. The breakfast sucked & cost too much.
3. It took 3 to 5 minutes to get hot water to the shower.
4. $200 a night & they let me run out of TOILET PAPER!!!!!!
But the location was very good.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll continue to stay at the Adolphus. Short walk. Bar where you can actually get a drink. Someplace to eat. Why I'm sharing this? I have no idea.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Really good information though .

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want to stay at the OMNI, be advised that all "king" rooms are booked for Friday and Saturday. For those of you that are planning on staying at other hotels, be aware that there is a major market being held during this week as well so hotels near the Market Center are likely to be very busy. Same goes for many of the downtown hotels. The college national championship game is also being held in Dallas just prior to move-in for the convention as well...might have an impact on hotel rooms earlier in the week. So...a wise man might book where ever he chooses to stay a bit earlier than normal.

Karl

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Cindy B warnes us the other day so we're booked!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just booked my room. All rooms with 2 Queen beds are booked for the 18th but there are some rooms available with a single king bed.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 Queens for me. I forgot their names though.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Biebs and Mike. dancing

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7714 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DOH!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oh, that's right, Biebs and Mike. Thanks, Judge

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am embarrassed!

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I stay at an Embassy Suites. Free cooked to order breakfast and free booze in the lobby from 5-7. What's not to like! The drive ain't that much!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OMNI all booked for DSC convention dates, however; there is a "waiting list" if one chooses to use it. A few rooms might come available as some people invariably cancel...that is what the waiting list is for.

Karl

Karl Evans

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
What a business!!

Is there a shuttle from Embassy Suites? I recall their breakfast and happy hour were great.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Besides with no valet there is no dilemma over tipping. Wink

stir .....haha

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why isn't the Magnolia on the list?

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1929 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote