Notify
Tools

Buzz's Elephant DVD
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
If you have seen it there is a leopard hunt shown. That's my boy. thumb

I finally got to view the production last night and I too will give a thumbs up. It's very informative and anyone who hunts elephant or wants to hunt them will really enjoy this DVD. There is plenty of action and instruction.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
I got my DVD last week and the information is excellent. A must see for all interested in Elephant hunting.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Confused What is the exact name of the DVD, and where is it available? Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Received my copy yesterday and watched it last night. buzz did a great job. I especially enjoyed the interviews with Nyschens, Cedegren and Harlan. Anne! great shots on the leopard and buff. Can you give me some shooting leasons?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mac,

Inquire by email here:strawmengtr2@earthlink.net

You will receive instructions for purchasing the video. This is what I was instructed to do by Charlene when I emailed Buzz. I followed directions and the video arrived in a timely fashion.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Received my copy at DSC last month. The DVD has a lot of very good tutorial and shot placement information, plus Ann's incredible ele head shot.

I think Buzz did an incredible job on this DVD and it should stand as the best offering on elephant hunting for some time. Shows me I have a bit of prep to get ready for my hunt with Buzz this summer.

Dak

Posts: 495 | Location: USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I'll add there are several A-R members featured on this DVD who do a very fine job, 500 grains, Will, Bill C and Norbert were those I could pick out.

I think it was Will who had a real cheeky cow come busting through some jesse quite close before he calmly ended the situation.

It's definitly worth making a big batch of pop corn and getting comfortable next to a wood stove for a excellent evening event.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
The cow elephant I took with Buzz in '04 was in the section titled "Charges". The "Russell" Buzz refers to is me, good ol' Bwanamrm. The only thing Buzz missed was that I was actually shooting a .416 Rigby on that hunt. I used my .375 H&H when I was in the Save with him last year. It is an excellent DVD with some great footage of elephant hunts up close and personal and the best instructional info on brain shots I have seen!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote