New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tony Sanchez Arino
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've just purchased the latest edition of The African Outfitter magazine and was pleased to see a number of articles by Tony Sanchez Arino and his wife. This guy must be one helluva hunter considering some of the info in the article. A few of them from the top of my head - 1300 elephants, 2000 buffalo, 330 lion, 180 leopard, 120 rhino and he's hunted in 28 African countries. I know he hunted in the golden age but some of the figures seem???!!
Hell, who am I to pass judgement but this guys hunting career seems extraordinary. He seems to have recorded every animal he has taken and is probably extremely wealthy to continue taking elephants regularly in today's time. your thoughts?

Posts: 80 | Location: botswana | Registered: 13 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've known him for years. Not to detract from his accomplishments but that elephant figure seems to grow by about 50 every year. Big Grin

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich Elliott:
I've known him for years. Not to detract from his accomplishments but that elephant figure seems to grow by about 50 every year. Big Grin

Rich Elliott

My thought exactly!
........................... jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His books (my mother bought one in London in 1987) prepared the way for my fascination for Africa. Tons of knowldege and track record which must be credited with a lot of respect. A lot of guncraft too.

What I have not understood -sorry to say- are some pictures with spanish/portugese hunters in current days with mediocre or even ridicoulus tophys.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote