Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe in Sept.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of prairiewolf
posted
Heading to Zimbabwe in September on my First DG hunt going after buffalo and Leopard for 17 days deposit is on it's way. Now for the waiting and anticipation and shooting and anticipation and shooting and anticipation and shooting...Won't Sept ever get here!! dancing clap

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Posts: 144 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who are you hunting with???? And where???

Regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of prairiewolf
posted Hide Post
Tuli hunters out of Bulawayo is who we are going with.

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Posts: 144 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
That'll be a great hunt. What area are you going to hunting? 17 days will be a good length and give you plenty of time to get on the buffalo and to sufficiently (hopefully) bait the leopard.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Count the days, not the months. One month just takes way to long to pass. If you count the days, there are more to tick off, but then every ay you get to make a tick! Enjoy the anticipation and preparation!

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
If you procrastinate your preparations, the time will fly by, and the converse is also true...time will crawl if you are prepared too early!!

Congrats on booking a trip!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a you have a great hunt planned. Enjoy your time leading up to the hunt.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey there,
I went to Zimbabwe (Matetsi area) September 2006 and it was great. Great weather, not too hot. I took 7 animals in 7 days. Good luck on your safari!

Posts: 17 | Location: North Florida | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted in Lemco during mid September until the end of September of 2005, and thought I was going to boil. Lord, it was hot!!! Guess those Florida boys can take the heat better than this Alaska boy! Big Grin

It was a fantastic hunt, though. Great time to hunt, tough temperatures though.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Congrats- I know exactly how you are feeling. I will be in Zimb the last week of August and first week of Sept., and can't wait!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote