THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Faizel Lulat and Paya Kakuli Safaris

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Faizel Lulat and Paya Kakuli Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
Have an acquaintance hunting in Zambia in August with this group. I am not familiar with them. Any feedback would be appreciated. If PM’s are preferred that works for me. Thanks.

Mike

Posts: 21695 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,

Andrew (Fairgame) put me in touch with Faizel back in 2019 after I visited Royal Kafue. Andrew should be able to give you some info. I chat to Faizel from time to time regarding bookings. I have not sent him any clients yet but from what I have heard he runs a great outfit. I believe they still hunt in the Nyaminga GMA in the Luangwa Valley.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 706 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Have an acquaintance hunting in Zambia in August with this group. I am not familiar with them. Any feedback would be appreciated. If PM’s are preferred that works for me. Thanks.

Hi Mike,

They will be in good hands. The concession is Nyaminga next door to Chanjuzi and Faizel contracts a number of quality PH's. Charlie Harvey was selling some quota for them and at one point I had a client interested in their Lion offer. But COVID got in the way.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback and the PMs. I will pass the information along to my acquaintance. tu2

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

Hi Mike,

They will be in good hands. The concession is Nyaminga next door to Chanjuzi and Faizel contracts a number of quality PH's. Charlie Harvey was selling some quota for them and at one point I had a client interested in their Lion offer. But COVID got in the way.

Andrew, Nyaminga is a good Big 4 area isn't it?

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I've hunted Nyaminga and sold a lot of hunts there. I would say it is very good area for cats and buffalo. The river has loads of crocs and hippo and PG is there but not abundant. Ele were scarce when I hunted there.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:
quote:

Hi Mike,

Yes. Not sure about Elephant? They sent me trail cam pics of an outstanding Lion.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi Mike,

Yes. Not sure about Elephant? They sent me trail cam pics of an outstanding Lion.

I was thinking of Nyampala for all of the Big 4.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
All those prime areas hunt very well. However, Nyaminga is one of the smaller blocks but has a high success rate on good mature animals.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Andrew, is Faisal the guy who hunted the roan during the AR group hunt some years ago?

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twoseventy:
Andrew, is Faisal the guy who hunted the roan during the AR group hunt some years ago?

Different Faisal mate.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I've hunted Nyaminga way back in 2006 when the DuPlooy's had it. Shot two buff, hippo, croc and a smattering of plains game. Great area... saw lots of lion and leopard there too. I'd go back...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just completed a safari in Nyaminga for Faisal. It was the first time for me to hunt there.

The client I hunted with had never hunted in his life before, let alone fired a gun.

In 7 days and 17 shots with a 375 the gentleman learned gun safety, how to shoot, how to hunt and collected Impala, Hippo, Bushbuck, Buffalo and a crocodile. This should confirm its a good area.

My take was, Nyaminga is a great big game area with a good selection of plains game. We found buffalo everywhere.
Heard lions calling almost every night and saw several big tracks. We saw leopard a couple of times and many tracks. Croc and hippo are ample.

The camp is very nice comfortable and clean.

Faisal is a great and honest gentleman, though I find he doesn't give me a big enough discount when I buy guns from him Big Grin

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 315 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks Thor. My friend leaves on Saturday for his hunt. He is hunting lion, buffalo, hippo, etc. Good to know that he is in good hands.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Kirchner:
I just completed a safari in Nyaminga for Faisal. It was the first time for me to hunt there.

The client I hunted with had never hunted in his life before, let alone fired a gun.

In 7 days and 17 shots with a 375 the gentleman learned gun safety, how to shoot, how to hunt and collected Impala, Hippo, Bushbuck, Buffalo and a crocodile. This should confirm its a good area.

My take was, Nyaminga is a great big game area with a good selection of plains game. We found buffalo everywhere.
Heard lions calling almost every night and saw several big tracks. We saw leopard a couple of times and many tracks. Croc and hippo are ample.

Faisal is a great and honest gentleman, though I find he doesn't give me a big enough discount when I buy guns from him Big Grin

That’s great Thor..any elephants?

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
I hunted Nyaminga 6 years straight, 2005-2010. In those years I killed one Lion and 2 Leopards. Total of 7 sittings for all three cats.

Back then, Puku, Cooksons and Waterbuck were abundant. Good quality Bushbuck and I'd say average for all the other PG. Limited in species.

In my opinion, The duPlooys, while a VERY VERY good operator, overshot the PG. I noticed a big difference in the amount of PG seen during a safari over those years.

Buffalo everywhere and abundant. Tons of Elephants, One tried to kill Alister Norton in his bed one night.

I'd go back without hesitation.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3542 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
So nice to see recommendations instead of complaints about an outfit.

Good for them and we wish them the best.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Kirchner:

That’s great Thor..any elephants?

Yes we saw elephants everyday. I didn't see any shootable bulls. But wasn't looking either.
For an elephant I would hunt late season when the big bulls start coming out the park for food and mangoes in the villages.

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 315 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote