Find
Notify
Tools

Duke Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted
Met the two owners of this company last night. They operate in South Africa near Mozambique. I only know one hunter who has hunted with them and he can not say enough good things about them. Has anybody here hunted with them and could you tell me about them.

Thank You in advance for your reply.

Posts: 323 | Location: Jackson, Miss | Registered: 12 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kaizer
posted Hide Post
300magman,

Roelof Nieman and John Luyte are two excellent PHs and outstanding gentlemen. I met them three years ago, and last spoke with Roelof only a week ago. You could look but wouldn't find any better. When you talk to them next tell them that Dale from Chicago says hello.

Posts: 92 | Location: Near Illinois-Wisconsin Border | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Hunted with John and Roelof in 2010. It was our "Huntingmoon" and my first trip to SA. You couldn't ask for any better than these two. We had a great time, they went out of the way to make sure we got everthing we needed and took some really great animals.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 599 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
FIRST CLASS GUYS.....FIRST CLASS PH'S.....you won't go wrong.

Posts: 505 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Personally know John and Rolef. They come to Harrisburg every year for the sports show and I have them come to my home for a respite and homemade dinner and desert.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Roelof and John very well. They are a class act. I'm glad you had a great hunt and a great time with them. I'm familiar with the areas they hunt, and they really have a fine population of great trophy animals there.

Posts: 282 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pennsyltucky
posted Hide Post
John and Roelof are top notch. I've told this story before but, briefly, my father was 3 months from his eventual death from brain cancer when we had a last hurrah in S.A. in June of 2008. John and Roelof took my very sick father, myself and 3 other hunters on a 14 day plains game hunt. Excellent trophies aside, they way that they watched after my dad, made sure he kept to his regime of a zillion pills 4 times a day and still ran a full safari taught me alot about the "professionalism" of P.H.'s in general and the quality of these two guys as men. Funny as hell too. You can't go wrong.

Posts: 93 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With Quote