THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: gun control poll by CA. Congresswoman.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: gun control poll by CA. Congresswoman.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted
Thanks for the heads up. She isn't my Rep. but she is in my sad, sad state.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Blacktailer, dont feel bad. I live in N.Y. and believe me I feel like the Lone Ranger....

Posts: 318 | Location: People's Republic of New York | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The acts of a politician have NOTHING to do with the facts. They are not interested in the reality of an issue only the popular perception of the issue. They are not interested in bettering society, only getting re-elected and their agenda. To that end they cover up facts if they do not agree with their existing position or agenda. Therefore this person knowing full well that that facts of "assault weapons" and popular opinion do not agree with her platform she stands up infornt of the people and, with a smile on her face, lies to us. The only way to fight this is with pressure brought against her that she precieves to cost her votes. You can't argue the facts, it is pointless.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only gun-loving Republican in this state, except for a few other Californians on this forum. I have an NRA Vote Freedom First bumpersticker on my truck but there are a lot more Kerry/Edwards stickers in my area. Will these liberal elitists ever come to their senses that gun control doesn't work? The sad truth is they know it's just a sham.
Russ

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
She's a Democrat. California�s 53rd Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives.

This is interesting (I added the bold highlights to the text):

========================
Speaker: Representative Susan A. Davis (CA)
Title: Congresswoman Susan Davis Statement on the Expiration of the Assault Weapons Ban
Date: 09/13/2004

Washington, DC - Congresswoman Susan Davis issued the following statement on the assault weapons ban that is set to expire at midnight tonight. Davis is a co-sponsor of legislation to renew and strengthen the ban.< !--color-->

�With so much concern about whether America is safer, it is hard to imagine the expiration of the assault weapons ban aiding in the goal of a safer America.

�I am disappointed that the House Leadership chose to ignore the will of a majority of Americans and the majority of gun owners and let the ban expire.

�The assault weapons ban was a common sense, gun safety law that not only should be renewed but should be strengthened.�< !--color-->
========================

Notice the usual propaganda terms used by Democrats of "common sense" and "gun safety law".

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob-

Good research!

This is just another example of some head-in-the-sand politician, doing her OWN thing.

The lead-in and wording of this poll showed where she was trying to direct it, but even that didn't help her get her desired results.

National polls showed the majority of Americans didn't support it, and this poll has got to be hitting her square between the eyes, but she'll ignore it. In HER mind, she wants the ban. So... instead of REPRESENTING THE PEOPLE, she'll just continue on with her own agenda...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's the current results....

Question 1: Do you think it was right to let the Assault Weapons Ban expire?

Yes 99% (582 votes)
No 1% (6 votes)

Question 2: Do you believe that the Assault Weapons Ban helped to reduce crimes committed with firearms?

Yes 0.5% (3 votes)
No 99.1% (582 votes)
Undecided 0.3% (2 votes)

Question 3: Do you think that letting the Assault Weapons Ban expire will hurt our efforts to strengthen homeland security?

Yes 0.9% (5 votes)
No 99% (582 votes)
Undecided 0.2% (1 vote)

Question 4: How would you characterize your feelings about gun control in general?

We need to strengthen our gun control laws. 0.3% (2 votes)
I am satisfied with current gun control laws. 3.2% (19 votes)
Our gun control laws are overreaching and threaten our 2nd Amendment Rights. 95.6% (562 votes)
Undecided. 0.9% (5 votes)

Nope, these numbers will never see the light of day...