Notify
Tools

Canadian Customs brokers?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, I thought my Namibian Nightmare had ended:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6321043/m/731107049

The trophies are at the taxidermist, the shipping company is lined up, and I had a Canadian customs broker (a taxidermist), who had experience with trophy imports, lined up.

Then, this morning I got an e-mail that the Canadian broker is closing their doors for an indefinite time due to a family illness.

So, now I need to find another broker. Any suggestions, preferably in the Toronto area?

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
Why not do it yourself and save the money. I did it for my 2005 trophies and will be doing it again for for my 2007 ones. The procedure is quite simple. Go to the shippers office and get paperwork that came with trophies from Namibia (vet inspection cert, CITES certs, etc) . Go to customs office at airport and get it stamped. They may want to look at container. Return to cargo company, load them and drive home/taxidermist with them. On both my shipments I also had/have appendix I animals (leopard, Elephant) but all of your should be App II or III.

Appendix permit information

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tx, Canuck. The shipper has recommended the same thing. Since they will just be skull mounts, I think that's what I'll try to do.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote