New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you eaten lion or leopard?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
cant wait to hear your experiences on grizzly and brwn bears meals.

Posts: 1875 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I've eaten and enjoyed mountain lion, bobcat and African lion. The worse meat I've tried came from black bear and desert sheep.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had some of the leopard I shot as appetizers, very tender, tasted like mild curry chicken. Was much better than I anticipated.
As mentioned earlier, the PH did not want to partake.
Also have had bush pig that was marinated all day and grilled, everyone in camp enjoyed it.
Hippo stew tasted just like beef stew, my wife couldn't tell the difference (and that's the acid test).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't want to make a steady diet of it, and seems a bit of a novelty more than anything. Ate tenderloins off one leopard and made Leopard pizza with Thor Kirchner from ground leopard last year. Tastes like pork to me. Have ate mountain lion many times and is about the same.

posted Hide Post
After my leopard was skinned, the trackers cut it into strips for billtong and it was hung up around the skinning shed. I wanted to try it just to say, "yea i have tried leopard." After smelling a piece of it and knowing it was eating maggot covered bait for three days, i passed.