Find
Notify
Tools

is Dawie Groenwald a rhino poacher?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
simple question. and i think we can safely assume that Mr. Groenwald will get at least one favorable vote from adqueen.

Question:
is Dawie Goenwald a rhino poacher?

Choices:
yes
no
undecided

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I voted undecided since at this point only Dawie and a few friends "ACTUALLY" know the answer to the question. If you look at only posts on AR from folks who "DON'T" actually know the true facts then it would be a "yes" I suppose. Trial by internet, with no actual facts known by those who convict.

Not supporting or standing up for Dawie and Company but choose to let the Courts make the decision. That's how the rule of law is supposed to work.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
There is a distinction between convicting someone in a court of law and as Larry correctly puts it, trial by Internet. Groenewald stands accused of a number of crimes and has been convicted of others in the past.

Through personal experience , I know for a fact that he and his operation have been involved in illegal activities in Zimbabwe ,and despite political intervention, he was banned from hunting in Zimbabwe as a result of these activities.

To my mind, this is not about the findings of a court. Larry,unfortunately Courts and legal processes are flawed ,not least in Africa where we all know politics and money dictate outcomes.Each and every one of us ,has the right, as a thinking person to make our own judgement based on the facts that we either know, read , see or hear in conjunction with any given issue. Perhaps I can play devils advocate for a second here. Lets say Groenewald is exonerated of all charges. How many of us would have total trust in the South African justice system and accept that Dawie and his cronies are clean.??
If they are found innocent, would you as a hunter, proceed and book a hunt with OOAS on the basis of the court ruling.?? There are many who would and many who would still steer clear of the operation.

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
One of my ph friends did work with dawie groenwald in the police force.He said a bigger thief and crook than dawie you had to look for!when they confiskaded stolen cars dawie took them and sold them to get money! !! thumbdowni drove thru his farm 5 times last year to come to an other farm and saw every time dehorned rhinos there!in my mind this person needs minimum 20 years in a dark african prison sell!! what a dushbag!and if the court lets him go i am sure all the farmers that have lost rhinos have a surprice for him!!a big surprice

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i see adqueen apparently still has the lone dissenting "no" vote. it is pretty hard to explain the 30 plus rhino carcases found buried on his farm.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Honest officer that isnt my ten kilos of black tar heroin in the back seat of my car. I dont know how that got there.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just because you didn't pull the trigger yourself does not mean that you are not a POACHER or a BASTARD of the worst kind.

Just have a word with many of Zim's PH's and the name of DAWIE GROENeWALD is like uttering the worst of the worst kind of swear words.

Dawie's a crook of the worst kind. A real bastard. An African jails's just the place for the man.

Posts: 391 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote