THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Shipping quote received..too good to be true??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping quote received..too good to be true??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted
Just received an e-mail from my taxidermist in Graaf-Reinet about the quote for shipping my 11 shoulder mounts and 2 rugs from RSA to Houston:
air-$1,160 and sea $760!!!! Based on recent threads I was almost afraid to open his e-mail!! Seems almost too good to be true? bewildered

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those are indeed good prices! Ask for the exact routing and carrier for each leg and ask whether he has used the carrier and routing before.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bwanamich

Those are indeed excellent prices.{see my old post}

Are the shipping quotes through Safari Air cargo in Joburg and Fauna and Flora in NYC? If so they are first class in service and response to inquiry.

Who is your taxidermist in Graff-Reinet? I visited Karoo Taxidermy there but did not, in the end, use them - though for no fault of theirs.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Les, at this time I have requested more details but all I have are the prices thus far. I am in fact using Karoo Taxidermy.

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHowell:

...Are the shipping quotes through Safari Air cargo in Joburg and Fauna and Flora in NYC? If so they are first class in service and response to inquiry....

Les

Maybe for your particular case- Bullcrap in my case- I have waited 2 months for a final shipping quote reply and still no answer! MadE-mails back and forth, pieces of info, approx partial shipping rates etc. No one door-to-door price with detailed break down of costs. Finally, they said they'd get me the info and have never gotten back to me.

This has been a PITA experience for me.

Just another view on their companies.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lefty,

PM on the way to you.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanahile:
Just received an e-mail from my taxidermist in Graaf-Reinet about the quote for shipping my 11 shoulder mounts and 2 rugs from RSA to Houston:
air-$1,160 and sea $760!!!! Based on recent threads I was almost afraid to open his e-mail!! Seems almost too good to be true? bewildered

That must be $1160 per head, or $1160 x 11.

Smiler

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bwahahile,

I'm looking to use Karoo Taxidermy in Graaffe-Renet. Is that who you used?

I stopped into their studio the other day on the recommendation of my PH, and liked the work that I saw.

I asked for a very general idea of what to expect in shipping to Wyoming and he gave me an estimate to expect about $1500US. I understand that there is no way to know until its time, but if you get the price you mentioned, I will be pleased with that!

I hope it all works to your favor!

FIre Support Team

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
This is the best news I've heard all day. I'm expecting my trophies to be finished in June/July. I hope I can get a similar deal.

graybird

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Trapdoor,

I did use Karoo Taxidermy. Tim and Charmain have been great to work with. Was able to confirm the air quote of $1160 to Houston!! Will be on Virgin Atlantic going through London and Miami. Will be using ABX to clear customs. Will report back once I receive my trophies.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great news Bwanahile!

Tim was out when we stopped by, but did meet Charmain. The fella I spoke with while there was Wallie.

I will be contacting them soon to get the whole process going!

When Wallie was showing me around, he showed me a crate heading towards Texas...... I wonder if that was yours?!?!?!

FIre Support Team

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote