New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel to Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I thank you all for helping me make may dream come true. The advice and knowledge that I've gotten from all the kind people on AR has been fantastic. I have found my first hunt for plains game in Namibia. My wife and I will be there the last two weeks in May. 2007.

Now I ask for your help and suggestion for travel planning.
Is there a good travel agent that understands the hunters needs?
Any advice, suggestions, tips or options will be greatly appreciated.
I want to make this as smooth as possible so she will want to return or should I say "let me return again".

Elkfitter

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
elkfitter,

I would suggest you contact "Kathi". She posts here frequently and has been a good help to me in the past and I will use her services again in 2007 myself. Many of the travelers here on AR use her for their travel arrangements.

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

Congrats on booking your first safari. It will be very exciting.

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1224 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Gracy Travel is another option. They have been excellent with all my arrangements.

steve@gracytravel.com

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I've done the Atlanta to RSA to Namibia route five times. Good news is that it's usually the cheapest. And Shawn at Gracey does a really, really good job. Your paperwork will arrive long in advance and will be all there ;no surprises or drama. She promptly responds to call messages or emails with a professional attitude.

But I prefer the route of going to Frankfurt, then onto Windhoek, Namimbia. It costs about 200 bucks more but is worthwhile. The flight to Frankfort is overnight. You can rent a room and lay up for the day and/or do some sightseeing around Frankfort (easily organized right there at the airport via trains or bus). While traveling about Frankfort firearms can be secured at a short term storage facility.

The flight to Windhoek leaves in the evening and lends itself to sleeping on the way to Windhoek.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of geese
posted Hide Post
Congrats elkfitter! It's exciting, isn't it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
graceys done my last several trips. great service and not a complaint in the world.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of riverman
posted Hide Post
Elkfitter,

I have recently completed my first safari in June 05 and had the time of my life and now have Leopard booked for 07. I used Judy Noth at Tatum international travel, check website, for all my ticket and hotel plans and they were the best. Everything went off without a hitch and I will be using them again. WHo will you be hunting with and in what part of the country. You will be lost in the heart and mind when you set foot on the Dark Continent.

David

Posts: 50 | Location: Irwin, Idaho | Registered: 09 May 2005Reply With Quote