New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baboon Mount Ideas
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've got a large male Olive Baboon I want to do as a lifesize mount. Anybody got any photos of some different types of mounts they want to share? I'm looking for various poses etc.. for ideas.

Thanks

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Mac, I've got a Baboon which I took in the Chewore 10 years ago which sits on an exposed wodden beam in my main game room looking down at one of the main seating areas. It's rather inocuous until you amke eye contact... I will try to post it in the trophy room pictures section, but have been very slow to learn this particular skill. The Bab's make superior mounts which generate a lot of conversation. Well done.
Dave

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Mac, I have checked and I do have a good picture of this Baboon mount on a Jpeg file picture on the computer, drop an e-mail address and I send it off to you. Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
308Sako,

I'd be very interested in seeing a photo of your baboon. Please send to thomascacy@hotmail.com.

Thanks Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a really good thread somewhere on A-R about baboon mounts, do a search on it. There was one holding a plate and wearing an apron, that I just laughed my a$$ off over. When I get to Africa I want to shoot a baboon just to have it mounted that way.

DGK

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Check your mail... I sent it yesterday, but got a mailer demon... Opps! sorry

one of us
posted Hide Post
Be careful that it doesn't look too much like Mugabe

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post