New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Rhino Hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just got this e-mail from a friend, I don't know prices besides the daily rate, but you can contact them for more information. I don't know if anyone wants a rhino but I thought someone might be interested.

Hello All

Anybody interested in a Black Rhino Hunt?

The North West Parks Board wishes to dispose of, by means of hunting, a Black Rhino bull. This hunt will take place within the Pilanesberg National Park this season, i.e.. before end October 2006. You are invited to tender for the hunt. The price that you tender will include the trophy fee and concession fee for 5 days. Daily rates will be charged for at $550 per day.

Tenders close on 3 June, so, if you're interested, contact us at your earliest convenience. The successful hunter will be notified on 7 June.

Happy Hunting!

Regards

Claude & Jill KIeynhans - Owner Operators

Mafigeni Safaris

WWW.MAFIGENI.COM

PO Box 3543, Tzaneen, 0850, SOUTH AFRICA
Tel: +27 (0) 83 280 3558
Fax: +27 (0) 86 683 1558
Cell: +27 (0) 83 469 7683
Email: safaris@mafigeni.co.za

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Got notification from PHASA today about the tender
Wonder what it will go for?

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
would this be a specific wild bull that is on the way out? Or is t another of the black rhinos we saw and heard of last year?

Rgds,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From The Hunting Report E-Mail Extra

Another black rhino hunt has been abruptly put on offer in South Africa. And we do mean abruptly. The deadline to submit a bid for this hunt is Monday, June 5, by 10 am South Africa time. The hunt is for a rhino bull in Pilanesberg National Park, in an area of approximately 20,000 hectares. According to the CEO of Kgama Wildlife Operations, Norman Mathebula, the animal is an old bull that has been pushed out of the herd. The bull's front horn measures over 25 inches, he says. The hunt is for this season, to take place by the end of October 2006.

If you are interested in this hunt, you will have to contact your favorite South African safari operator immediately to submit a bid on your behalf. Submissions must be sent directly to Mathebula (The fax number within South Africa is: 014-5942338. E-mail: Norman.m@mweb.co.za). The last black rhino offered this way went for upwards of $150,000 US. Mathebula says he expects this rhino will go for about the same amount.

Just remember that although black rhino may be imported into Europe, American hunters cannot bring this trophy home with them. We are told there is little chance that the US Fish & Wildlife Service will change its policy any time soon either. The first hunter to take a black rhino from Pilanesberg last year was an American, by the way, who left the trophy to be mounted and displayed in South Africa. It is still there at this writing. - Barbara Crown.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9403 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote