THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Dangerous game in the North America!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dangerous game in the North America!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Although not in a hunting situation this is one dangerous bugger!

Think this guy could ruin your day? look carefully at this it may be difficult to realize what you're looking at,.....at first.

Mtn lion paws are not to be taken lightly either!

Posts: 1261 | Location: Rural Wa. St. & Ellisras RSA | Registered: 06 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I'd say that's one tender piece of moose meat. Just a few days ago close to where I live someone got some horse meat the same way.

Posts: 19173 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The car penetrated to the off side shoulder but didnt exit!! And notice how the jacket folded inwards!!! It must be a Matchking.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
How common are moose-accidents over there? Here in Sweden, we have about 5000 accidents with moose and cars every year. Also there are thousends of accidents with roe-deer every year. And still all main roads are fenced because of the moose and roe. There is a network with hunters with tracking dogs that the police call when there is a moose or roe wounded by a car - they do a very good job tracking and killing those animals, getting a a nominal or no reward (the meat belongs to the land-owner on whos ground the animal is finally killed).

I saw a moose-accident two years ago when a cow was hit by a car in front of me and rolled over the car and dissapeard over a field. The lady in the car got out, very upset that the moose did dissapear to quickly to get photographed... Theye were, I am sorry to say, German tourists of a kind not altogehter well seen over here (though we have many visiting German hunters who are well seen).
They were damn lucky, if the cow had landed a little lower the would have had the entire moose in their knees and they could just as well have been killed.

Regards,
Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
While living in Alaska, it was not uncommon to see a car with the top demolished. It was a little uncommon to see the moose in the back seat, however.

About the water scene, is that Couer d Alene Lake, Roosevelt, or Moses Lake?

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
JH,

How big is that croc??? I'm guessing maybe 12 feet...

Mike

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Credit where it's due, JJ. Those first three pics are in Ontario, CANADA!

We get about a dozen people killed every year when they run into a moose. Once you get north of Sudbury there are moose signs everywhere that say "Night Danger". You're taking your life in your hands to drive after dark on those highways, especially during the spring blackfly/mosquito season, and during the fall rut.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like that croc is looking for a place to store it's catch.

one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
The pig and blackbear are rarely hit by cars, for some reason, but we lose more deer to cars every year than are legally taken during hunting season.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Point well taken Mr. Fisher and corrected! Thanks for the baboon eyes spoting that license plate!

Posts: 1261 | Location: Rural Wa. St. & Ellisras RSA | Registered: 06 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
8.5 ft. Alligator

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the driver survived?

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Yes, the driver made it AOK.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Quote:

We get about a dozen people killed every year when they run into a moose.

Almost as many killed in Sweden each year, when they run into moose, and about ten times as many are heavily wounded. In roe-deer accicents, people very seldom are wounded. I just saw figures that there was about 27000 (!)accidents with roe-deer last year in Sweden... But we shoot about ten times as many... This is a rather small country but there is lot of things going on!

regards,
Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Yes, the driver made it AOK.

I am glad to hear, because I should have guesst that was a fatal accident... Just a swinging hoof in that speed would have killed a man.

Regards,
Martin

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Quote:

8.5 ft. Alligator

I am glad we don't have those here in Sweden...

Regards,
Martin

one of us
posted Hide Post
A moose was hit just West of West Yellowstone, MT in October of 1992. Nothing unusual about that. What was of interest is that it appeared that the car neatly cut out the backstrap meat on both sides. Thank God the moose was killed in the accident. He would have had a hard time walking after that freak injury.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
retreever,

Nickudu is correct on species, that is an ALLIGATOR not a croc. You can tell by the round blunt snout.

I think Nickudu is off on length though, guessing the deer carcas at between 3.5' and 4', that is a 10 - 12 foot gator. Not a true giant, but a large gator none the less.

What happened to the drive of the car in the moose accident? I haven't seen carnage like that since a deputy Sheriff I know took out a good sized whitetail buck. The Deputy was doing about 100 MPH in a brand new '90 Caprice Classic. Took off the right front wheel end ( that would be the wheel, steering knuckle, and upper A arm) the right pillar, crushed the roof down, and removed the light bar. The cruiser was literally 3 days old. No one was injured, luckily. To so sure about that moose wreck though.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Have you ever seen the deer of southern Florida or Key deer?

Miniatures.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep,
The Florida deer are about the size of medium-large dogs.

In the suburban sprawl of Anchorage, Alaska we used to have fatalities sometimes from moose. Like when a bull with a good rack gets clipped at the knees and goes straight through the windshield, taking off the driver's head ... or when a cow throws a punch with her front hoof, like a boxer landing one on Granma's nose, in Granma's backyard.

I always hated seeing all that roadkill moose going to waste. The meat was often wasted in the summer.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote