THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Mozambique lion hunt 2015 - suggestions ?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mozambique lion hunt 2015 - suggestions ?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello guys! I’m looking for a free range lion hunt for next year, 2015.
I’ve been in contact with very good and well known operators from Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Mozambique. The last place in my list is the one who fascinated me more and the one I would choose.
The two operators I’m in contact with are Kambako and Guy Whittall.
Kambako offered me Niassa Reserve, while Whittall Niassa Province-Messalo Camp (south of Niassa Reserve) with the possibility to go to Maranjira for buffalo.
Does anyone of you know this area, have been there or have any suggestions?
Thanks a lot for the help you would like to give me !!!
Luca

Posts: 12 | Location: Italy | Registered: 24 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Hi Luca

I have not hunted Guy's areas in Moz yet but i'm hoping to be there next year with some clients hunting Buffalo and some Plainsgame. He would get my vote, i know the Whittalls very well they run a first class operation.

Mike

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 706 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Hunted both areas. and both hold wild lion in numbers.
Got my second lion with Kambako but missed out on Leopard in the area Guy hunts.
Pick your month of Safari well (this will vari from area to area).
Will be at Kambako for a month shortly (6th time).
Also worth looking at Luambezi Safaris (Jamie Wilson).

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mike and thank you Ozhunter tu2

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I highly suggest Kambako. The area really has a LOT of lions, and the Niassa management of only taking lone 6 year olds has proven to work. I leave in 2 weeks for my 4th hunt in a row with Kambako, and am booked in for next year as well. The area is fantastic, and they have recently taken over Block A to pretty well double their size- the camp and staff are excellent- and as you know for a wild lion, they have very competitive pricing. This is the old lion I took with them last year...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tim! great Lion :-)