THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    So you thought the world slam of woodpeckers was bad.......

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So you thought the world slam of woodpeckers was bad.......
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am sitting in yet another hotel room checking my e mails. There is an e mail from SCI. I scan it and decide to read an article on mountain hunting. As I get to the end, there is an ad for a skanky dating website. I am shocked. Is this SCI or some internet BS?

My Photobucket has been acting up for a while now. I wish I could post the screenshot.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a heart larry. Shootaway needs lovin' too.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey there! I was the first recipient of the World Slam of Woodpeckers badge and I bitterly resent your insinuation that somehow my award lacks significance or relevance.

Do you know how many trees I had to climb to win that thing?

Wink

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Isn't a skank, technically speaking, a lizard? Or is that a skink?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Isn't a skank, technically speaking, a lizard? Or is that a skink?

Skink

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A skink is a lizard. A skank is a different creature all together.

When I get home I will post the screenshot from my computer.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
so, did you call the number???? Big Grin

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the ad you're looking at Larry, but I recall one in the SCI monthly newspaper several years ago that was basically a solicitation from a single woman living in Florida. She included a picture and described herself as "a huntress".... looking for a "like minded male partner"....." of independent means". Or something to that effect. The ad included her personal contact info.

I contacted SCI advertising sales, as well as that pompous ass Steve Comus asking about the ad. Predictably, I got no response.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just looked online at it myself.

No dating sites, a bunch of local tourism crap.

Just what kind of hotel are you at?

Posts: 10988 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Is there a link to the AD? Just want to look. Promise.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with the pursuit of my hummingbird slam, more elusive target, after all!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I e mailed it to you Andrew. Perhaps you can post it. I need to find out what is wrong with my Photobucket.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

I dont have any of your first world skanky SCI dating site problems here in Nigeria! But I do know of a dormant account at the Central Bank with unclaimed billions of USD on it if someone wants to split it with me rotflmo

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked this morning. I saw the same ad. I looked again in an attempt to see if I could forward the link. It is now an ad for Academy Sports.

I did forward the screenshot to Andrew.

one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Looks like he got it and is onto it, since the silence is deafening Big Grin

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mouse93:
Looks like he got it and is onto it, since the silence is deafening Big Grin

Just looking mate. It would seem like blatant prostitution?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
I am glad you are back. There were people going down that road, never to be seen again beer

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Not always...ever heard of a "lot-lizard." sofa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
quote:

Some skanks can be classified as lounge lizards.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 883 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am told that some of the higher ups at SCI saw this and inquired as well. Apparently, pretty much anyone can buy time on the blog sites.

I am still trying to find someone to post the screenshot for me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Can we confirm that 30+ girls will make first move or you have to be 30+ to join?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

So there is a Skank Slam now?

I would have won that in a hurry about 35 years ago according to my bride of 35 years....

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called. It's all high fenced Texas style skank hunting. Not interested. I do have some standards.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Does anyone know a good taxidermist that could mount one for the wall ?

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Is someone with a world slam of woodpeckers colloquially referred to as a peckerhead? Just curious.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Is someone with a world slam of woodpeckers colloquially referred to as a peckerhead? Just curious.

I believe my wife has used that term a time or two ...

My current endeavor is the World Slam of Shrews and Voles.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

That was very funny.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am told that some of the higher ups at SCI saw this and inquired as well. Apparently, pretty much anyone can buy time on the blog sites.

I am still trying to find someone to post the screenshot for me.

You see that little blue rectangle at the top right corner? It indicates that it's an advertising network and they choose which ads to show. SCI just pastes the code into their newsletters, etc. but they don't control which specific ads are displayed. However they should be able to go into their account settings with the network and choose certain broad categories of ads that can be displayed. See http://www.media.net/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Directed marketing based on IP browser history....

I'm shocked! pinocchio

Posts: 48 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 13 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking Skank is a "pluperfect"

Posts: 1625 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Does anyone know a good taxidermist that could mount one for the wall ?

So you want to mount the trophy skank "to" the wall or "on" the wall?
Just need to get you to the correct taxidermist or physician.

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Ross, I didn't say that 'I' want or wanted to mount anything on or to the wall, but asked rather of a taxidermist that could do the mounting! Ain't English a great language !

No space in my trophy room on the walls or floors for females of any species!!!

Cheers

One of Us
Picture of Biddleman
posted Hide Post
Hey, whores need loving too.

Posts: 134 | Location: Wrightsville, PA | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Ross, I didn't say that 'I' want or wanted to mount anything on or to the wall, but asked rather of a taxidermist that could do the mounting! Ain't English a great language !

No space in my trophy room on the walls or floors for females of any species!!!

Cheers

jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWL:
Don't know about the ad you're looking at Larry, but I recall one in the SCI monthly newspaper several years ago that was basically a solicitation from a single woman living in Florida. She included a picture and described herself as "a huntress".... looking for a "like minded male partner"....." of independent means". Or something to that effect. The ad included her personal contact info.

I contacted SCI advertising sales, as well as that pompous ass Steve Comus asking about the ad. Predictably, I got no response.

Move over boys and let a real man who uses all natural male enhancement products, have a 'shot' at this...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I were to engage in the pursuit of this world slam I would need Mark Sullivan and his 577 to save me from my wife.

I wonder if there are any rules of take and how much after trophy fees I would need to send to SCI to register my slam? Do I have to send in video to the SCI judgement panel for conformation?

Posts: 12072 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aren't the ads based on an algorithmic analysis of the websites you frequently visit and the internet searches that you do? Roll Eyes

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I called. It's all high fenced Texas style skank hunting. Not interested. I do have some standards.

I tried some low fenced Texas skank hunting when I was in college. Those things are dangerous...they turn on you for no reason. I still have scars!
Take my word for it, leave those heifers alone.
dancing
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely hilarious trail of comments. Love it!!

Larry,

African Leadwood may just be right......or so I hear...

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote