New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help in select a buffallo hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am seriously contemplating a buffalo hunt in 2007 I am considering Charlton McCallum Safaris, Graham Jones Safaris , Dakota, or Simply Hunting wiht Paul Barstad. I realize this is a very wide open question, any comments will be appreciated. I am leaning through Tanzania because of the opportunity to take mor than one buffalo.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is this your first buffalo hunt? You will not be disapointed with Tanzania, especially the Selous. Maybe a little pricer that some other countries but it sounds like you have done some work with your outfitter selection. I've been there twice and absolutely love it! Now, it's important that you make a good choice on the dates you select. Later in the year, Sept, Oct., Nov. is normally a little better time. It is normally hotter/drier and concentrates the animals around water sources.

This is really one of the parts that is the most fun about a safari...the planning stage. Good luck. Smiler

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can shoot more than one buff in Zimbabwe, if you wish. Typically the daily rate will go up some and/or you may need to book more days, you will of course have to pay the second trophy fee.

I don't believe there is any limit on how many buff you may shoot in Zim, except of course your wallet. I booked - and killed - two bull this past Oct and also shot a cow for bait, for example.

I am hunting with Buzz Charlton this coming Oct (as well with Roger Whittall Safaris, in Sept, just prior to my hunt with Buzz, who I hunted with this past Oct and who I can recomend without reservation!). When I checked with folks who have hunted with Buzz, some refferences from him, some independent - and you can read some reports from member in the hunting report section here - everyone gave a fantastic endorsement. Several folks, if not most, are hunting with him again this year, and that says alot!

Best luck in your choice!

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote