THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    GOOD OUTFITTER (Good Guy) REPORT - ZIMBABWE!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GOOD OUTFITTER (Good Guy) REPORT - ZIMBABWE!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks - I need to extend a huge THANK YOU to both Tinie Kok & Lin Stanton in Zim!!!

In January of this year at the DSC convention I booked a father / son on a 15 - Day, 2x2 elephant bull/buffalo bull safari with these gentlemen. It was an expensive safari when considering all-in expenses (roughly $80k) and the hunt was booked for Aug. 1st, 2016.

The father is 85 years old, a retired Air Force veteran from Idaho, and one hell of a nice man!!! Recently he was injured badly in a fall, temporarily lost 80% use of his right hand (shooting hand) and needed to cancel the hunt just last week. I told the client he would most likely lose his initial $22K deposit, and extended my fullest apologies. He completely understood, was a total gentleman about it - and thanked me for all my efforts in helping him arrange his one last hoorah!!!

Well, to my surprise - the Zim boys suggested we roll over the FULL deposit to 2017, and extend to the clients the exact same hunt / exact same dates with no penalties! Considering the circumstances in Zim, and Africa as a whole - this is an incredibly kind gesture and I wanted to publicly thank both Tinie and Lin here on AR. The father is expected to be fully recovered by December - so hopefully he's good to go next year at 86 years old.

Shortly I will be posting the available hunt cancellations - any help you all can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all,

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
I can vouch for Tinie being a great guy after hunting with him in the Omay,would expect anything less. I would expect any of his partners to be cut from the same cloth. Great offer from them. Just my opinion.

Posts: 680 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted with Lin twice before and have found him to
be an outstanding person, great knowledgable PH, with some
very good hunting areas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear some good news. The good guys need to be patted on the back more and supported.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most outfitters are good guys, its those slippery agents you worry about!!!

sofa

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I met Tinie at the Bulawayo Rugby Club back in 2011, heck of a nice guy.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks Aaron for the head up.

Phil

Posts: 1875 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the way things should be!

Congrats to all involved.

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
A class act on the outfitters part.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2326 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Most outfitters are good guys, its those slippery agents you worry about!!!

sofa

Very true Ross!! I'll let Greg and Jeff know how you feel. rotflmo

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bama15:
Glad to hear some good news. The good guys need to be patted on the back more and supported.

Very true.

And as I keep saying, we have far too many good guys to support the shady one.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be hunting with Lin in September, and this thread certainly reinforces my sense of the man's character when I met him in Denver this past January.

I truly hope the client returns to full health and is able to enjoy his hunt next year.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both are great guys. Lin can find buffalo when no one else can, too.

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guy Whittall
posted Hide Post
Very Honourable and what i call old school Zim operator ethics. Great ambassadors to ZHGA,SOAZ and Zimbabwe.

Posts: 196 | Location: Zimbabwe and Mozambique | Registered: 04 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Aaron........... thank you for posting this. Given who you are talking about I am not surprised as they have a stellar reputation. Good on them.

Beyond that, I routinely watch outfitters from all over the globe get tarred and feathered on AR, sometimes deserved, often not. Many times I have seen posts that are completely designed to slice and dice the operator by someone who came on here specifically to achieve that.

I always here the same old tired rhetoric by the same crew on here as to how it sorts things out and in the end benefits hunters on who to go with, as well as good operators will be shown to have done nothing wrong. That is not the case in many instances and damage is done that cannot be repaired, even after the operator has been cleared by the kangaroo court on here.

It is VERY good of you to post this and it should be done more often. You never see the instances where an outfitter has refunded money or made allowances and changes for guys when they DID NOT HAVE TO. Instances where the outfitter is simply going to be OUT OF POCKET for doing "the right thing".

This past few years I have refunded deposits to guys for things that were questionable and there was no way to verify really........ oh like wife having a baby unexpectedly, someone claiming they lost their job, etc. Many outfitters send deposits back when they do not have to and invariably do not get any sort of attaboy for it all!!!! You never hear about that do you??

So thanks for posting this and a job well done to all of you.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote