THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zambezi River shut out for hunting except for Dande North?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambezi River shut out for hunting except for Dande North?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was checking out CM Safari's new website and noted it said:

Dande north is the only remaining safari area that has the mighty Zambezi river. All other Zambezi Valley hunting areas with the river have been taken over by non consumptive operations. As a result we are the only operators that still offer great crocodile and hippo and fishing to compliment our hunts.

I don't think Buzz or Myles would lie but is Chewore North, Sapi and Nyakasunga (I am spelling that wrong) really been taken over by non-hunting operators?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is what I heard from other sources.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Not sure about all the areas, but I understand 2018 is the last season for hunting in Nyakasanga.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This and what happened in the Selous makes me think the idea of the import bans was to price outfitters out of hunting. Therefore, killing of hunting in Africa.

President Obama and his boys were a lot of things stupid was not one of them.

Posts: 12072 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
What does Obama have to the idiot-in- chief in the Whitehouse for the last 14 months?. I don’t recall Obama stating that elephant hunting was a horror show and stopping importation. Guess I missed that tweet.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, but President Obama’s Administration started these bans.

And I do not think President Trump is smart enough to understand the consequences of this continued policy. He does not have the conviction of right to go against the mob.

I now think it was Obama’s plan by removing elephant and lion imports so that outfitting would not continue to be economical viable for outfitters.

Posts: 12072 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Importation of ele WAS certainly initially stopped under 0bama.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Unless something has very recently changed...Billy Ratenbach still owns the rights to Chewore North and still intends to allow hunting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Unless something has very recently changed...Billy Ratenbach still owns the rights to Chewore North and still intends to allow hunting.

I hope you are right. Chewore North was an awesome area to hunt and the camp right on the Zambezi was perfect.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, elephant importation from 3-4 countries was stopped and was carte blanche from several others. Now it is banned from all countries unless an individual can prove it helps conservation. Any idea how a hunter goes about that? Good luck( and lots of money in legal fees) with that. Great days are ahead, though. Looking forward to a tweet announcing the new policy.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe that statement is incorrect. You can import elephant from south Africa and Namibia at least.

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
I believe that statement is incorrect. You can import elephant from south Africa and Namibia at least.

I could be off base, but the way I understand it, the import of ALL elephant trophies from any country will now be on a case by case basis.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:

No, elephant importation from 3-4 countries was stopped and was carte blanche from several others. Now it is banned from all countries unless an individual can prove it helps conservation. Any idea how a hunter goes about that? Good luck( and lots of money in legal fees) with that. Great days are ahead, though. Looking forward to a tweet announcing the new policy.

JDollar: Repectfully, Tanzania and Zimbabwe (elephant and lion) was stopped by the Obama Administration. I thin Zambia as well (elephant their lion ban was self imposed). He opened the gate. President Trump has just continued it. The D.C. Circuit ruled that the Obama Administration violates Admin Rule making procedure in putting these bans in place. President Trump in the interlude interjected due to the mob and indicated his Administration would not lift the bans. Then the D.C. Circuit shoe dropped.

Then the Administration instead of rewriting the rules and going through the Rule Making Process said we are going to proceed through Admin Orders when it comes to folks applying for import permits.

Now we find out there is a conuncil set up to make suggestions to President Trump’s Administration on rewriting import rules to be subject to public comment. The MSM is trying like hell to discredit and turn the public against this council.

Point is President Trump bowed to the mob and has continued the import bans. But President Obama made it an issue and started the snowball down the hill. If not for that you and I would not be pissed off a t President Trump for his lack of leadership because this issue would not exist for him to screw up.

President Obama Administration set the board. President Obama Administration’s, I know believe, goal was to strave put Outfitters by taking away their ability to market/sell the two animals that made outfitting sustainable in these areas.

In conclusion, President Obama Administration May have been bastards, but they were smart. President Trump does not care about Africa or hunting. He is not intelligent enough on this issue to do better, and did not have the convention of right to stand up to the mob. I dislike them both. However, President Obama made this situation. President Trump just kept it going down hill.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Billy Rautenbach certainly still owns Chewore North BUT he has not hunted it for two years and as far as I know is not hunting it this year.

Sapi has been taken by Great Plains so no hunting there- as an interesting point they have had it for a year and have not done a SINGLE patrol , done a single road or put in a camp.

Nyakasanga has some hunting this year and we are doing several hunts there but from the grape vine we hear that this may be a thing of the past for next year.

RIFA has been taken by Rhino Force- not sure what they have done to keep up the great record that the Mullers had with anti poaching etc.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Trump ever took a walk in the woods?
I doubt it.Seems like he likes to spend his time hanging with the Hollywood crowd-the same people he is trying to please with the ele import ban and his recent anti gun thing.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Billy Rautenbach still has his concession,
but basically reserves it for his and his son's use. So the statement above is correct.

quote:

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote