New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Why?
 Login/Join

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
8MM-sorry about the diagnosis. Please do some research on bee sting therapy. It has helped many people with MS. I was totally amazed at the results I saw on a tv special about it a few weeks ago.

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Live your life fully, you don't get to save it for later.

Quite correct. Since my return home, that's what I've been doing, as much as possible.

I had some involvement with Carlos Norman Hathcock II prior to his death in February, 1998. He had MS. I don't know what to tell you -- but you sure seem to have the right attitude and I applaud you for it.

I get a lot of crap in my E-mail each day, most of which are philosophical anecdotes and jokes I've already read 25 billion times previously... but recently, I got something about "life" that caught my eye.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "WOW!!! What a trip!!!"

I tell everyone and anyone, especially those younger than I, cram as much into your life as you can while you're physically able. I've learned that if nothing else.

Hang in there, 8MM.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Of course, we all remember what Hemingway said: �There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.�

I'll drink to that.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote