THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    elephant guns to the range photos added

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

elephant guns to the range photos added
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
This is the start of my practicing for the Selous this summer.. Nineteen weeks but whose counting... Big Grin

Members of the team my son, Doc52, BigFive Jack

Taking an array of rifles to the range and practice on buf target I have obtained..The shooters will be putting out alot of lead...

458 Lott, 3--375's, 450 dakota, 450#2NE, and a 500NE
Will have photos and a couple of video clips...

Any other AR members can join us Saturday 9am at Restaurant RT.100 Fogelsville across from Holiday Inn
Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Mike:

Wish I could make the trip, but I know my old man will have a great time with ya'll.

I can't wait to see the pics and video clips!

When the .577 is finished, we'll have to plan another shoot! Butch already asked us to send him video of us shooting it!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
BTT

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi MIke,

That would be a good enough reason to drive up and visit but, a good friend of ours is a docent at the Air and Space Museum at Dulles. He is taking the Mrs and I on a private tour tommorrow. I have been looking forward to this for some time. Let me know the next time you are going to make a day of it.

Keith

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 712 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I still have a foolish grim on my face, "Ear To Ear"

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the PM and clip. You had the finesse of a real Elephant hunter when you let loose with that double. Great stuff.

It is great that you are continuing to share your adventures with us.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Guys we did have a great time..and I will post pics here when I get them to T Carr...I hope they can put the clips here also..
We will be doing it again....

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put up a little bit of a lengthy post about this event on the Double Rifle Forum.

Jack

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post

450#2, 416rem, 458 lott, 500NE, 375 Win, 375 Savage, 450 Dakota, 375 Dakota

retreever, son Matt, BigFive Jack, Doc52, & Cats

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Some heavy artillery in the photo above. thumb

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
VIDEO CLIP

http://photobucket.com/albums/v234/Kidevu/Videos/

The read only password to view this album is: fun

{Let me know if this works, as it is my first attempt at posting video}.

Regards,

Terry

P.S.
Try clicking on this photo and see if it works (let me know whether you need the password fun to access the video through this link)

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The video didn't work for me. I only got the one photo.

Posts: 92 | Location: Near the Daniel Boone Homestead | Registered: 27 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Did you click on the photo once you have accessed Photobucket (new page opens with the photo) and then click it again (to run the video)? That is the way it works for me.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Carr:

450#2, 416rem, 458 lott, 500NE, 375 Win, 375 Savage, 450 Dakota, 375 Dakota

retreever, son Matt, BigFive Jack, Doc52, & Cats
That 500 NE is real attention grabber!! Gorgeous rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, that was the trick. Worked fine once I learned how to follow your directions.

Posts: 92 | Location: Near the Daniel Boone Homestead | Registered: 27 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
What make are the 2 DR's?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing! Nice rifles

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
The 450#2 is a Champlin Famars and the

Merkel 500NE 3inch

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Hey Terry,

I got the video to work. You might want to try www.huntingfootage.com for sharing vids. Very quick and user friendly.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry

The photos by mikeh416 shows some wheeled duffle bags. Do you know the brand and how they like them?

Thanks

Posts: 431 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 29 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Mike, Matt, And Jack,
Had a blast with you all on Saturday! I'm glad I was able to make it! I hope we can do another get together as soon as the .577 gets here, or earlier as it might be a couple more months for the engraving to be finished!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oldcoyote:
Terry

The photos by mikeh416 shows some wheeled duffle bags. Do you know the brand and how they like them?

Thanks

Sorry, I wasn't there (just posted the photos for Retreever). You'll have to ask one of the guys who was there.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
The 450#2 is a Champlin Famars and the

Merkel 500NE 3inch

Mike,

The famars is a very great rifle,the epitome of of luxuous rifles.
I hope You take great care of it. Not sure they might be more than 50 in the USA.

In 2 weeks, at the Rambouillet Fair, we (Wink, Edmond, Boghossian, Dombrax, StuC) will meet Mrs Abbiatico on the Famars stand. Have You any request we can convey?

good luck

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
jbderunz,
Who's the HOTTIE in the Picture, Give her my AR screen name!!!!!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Nice battery of rifles i have several heavies and i love them .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
is the Champlin one of the ones Champlin/Famars did back in the 90's or do they still collaborate on Doubles? I thought they only did that for a short time. _BAxter

p.s. That Merkel looks amazing. I have always like their shotguns abut as of yet, not fooled with the doubles...

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Baxter,

Yes it is a Champlin Famars..My friend gave it to me to take and shoot and use and take back to Africa...

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just read this whole thread through and I am again wearing my "stupid GRIN" Big Grin !!!!!

Jack

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
Baxter,

Yes it is a Champlin Famars..My friend gave it to me to take and shoot and use and take back to Africa...

Mike

That is a man who really values your friendship and loves his rifle to want it to see Africa again. You are a lucky man. Beautiful rifle.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote