New
Find
Notify
Tools

terry von rooyen
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
just had a note from laura duploy that terry is having to go down to joberg to get his stomach looked at. evidently they looked at it with a camera in lusaka but couldn't find anything nasty, so he's going to joberg to see whats been bugging him for the last while. so for all you guys that know him, now is the time to find nasty get well quick cards

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He was having "issues" when I was there end of August, first of Sept....hope all goes well.
Of course Johnny, Abie, myself and the rest were on him about smoking with his asthma...not a good combo.
He's a great young PH.

I wish him all the best.

Ggary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Garby,
Terry needs to have a near death experience before he will make the lifestyle changes he needs to make to become an "old" PH. He lives pretty fast. But he does have the skill set required to become one of the best ever. After all he trained under people like Alister, Johnny, Abie and Roland (Alisters father)How could you possibly go wrong with a pedigree like that.
Steve

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry's a great guy and a lot of fun. Hopefully they will get it sorted out soon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve....the boy does live on the fast side....but hell, at 23 I must admit that slow didn't work for me either. I really like him and he does havethe potential to be one of the best ever in modern times. You are 100% on the pedigree....he's got that in spades.
Andy, I agree....I hope the docs in Jo'berg get it taken care of.

All my best wishes and prayers to him.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His issues are all self induced, I think highly of the lad and have hunted Tondwa twice with him, as a matter of fact if you look at my avatar (picture) a sitatunga machan in Tondwa, he took that photo. I was young once, but his throttle opens much wider than mine ever did. Im just afraid he's going to burn a piston prematurally.
Steve

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't worry too much about Terry, when I was his age I was a terror. Hell, even at age 43 I still let 'er rip every once in a while and tie on a good one. beer

Cheers,
Andy