THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    First Case of Coronavirus in South Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Case of Coronavirus in South Africa
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
It's the gold standard for tracking the Coronavirus around the world (Johns Hopkins): Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE

Check out the map in the direct link above or Google, "Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE".

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
interesting map.

appears to update the numbers

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great map but misleading in that we have no idea of the unreported cases. Patients I have seen interviewed have reported very mild symptoms, or in one case, without any symptoms. My takeaway is that for some it is just not that noticeable- the classic Nothing Burger.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Such is the case with most widespread disease--

just estimate 2-3X the numbers of infected vs confirmed

which--actually drops the mortality rate down to 1.8% or below

as well , there are now two confirmed variants (there could be more)
S and L
L appears to have the higher mortality numbers per documented case , with fewer cases, and waning in spread

S appears to have greater documented cases (and greater spread) with cases increasing in spread

yet much lower mortality numbers

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just in time for my trip to Bulawayo mid April! Ugh

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
First reported case. This will get much worse before it gets better.

I’m just hoping that those I know, love and call my friends will survive when this scourge inevitably comes their way.

The world these days is a very small place.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the map.

For the rest, theorize all you want but this just the very beginning so it's impossible to say how it will play out.

Living in the middle of the hottest spot in the US right now it looks to be start of some fairly significant changes in how people go about their day. Im sure it will get worse.

Probably the most irritating part is all the misinformation being thrown out there by people, mostly from the extreme right who want to politicize this for some unknown reason. All I can say (as nicely as possible) is they need to put a cork in it.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2811 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:

For the rest, theorize all you want but this just the very beginning so it's impossible to say how it will play out.

Living in the middle of the hottest spot in the US right now it looks to be start of some fairly significant changes in how people go about their day. Im sure it will get worse.

Probably the most irritating part is all the misinformation being thrown out there by people, mostly from the extreme right who want to politicize this for some unknown reason. All I can say (as nicely as possible) is they need to put a cork in it.

You are absolutely right that we are going to just have to wait and see

As for 2nd paragraph...this isn’t the political forum but I don’t know where you got your idea from since the media is run by the left 109%.

It’s their narrative

Anyway back to the virus

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went to the doctor yesterday to get a steroid shot to help address my allergies to mountain cedar which is off the charts in N. Texas now.
Their thought is overblown hysteria.
If we did not get flu shots (which is perhaps 30% effective as there are so many different strains)the mortality rate with the Flu would likely be far higher.
I can tell you it is affecting the supply chain of product or what people believe will be an issue. There is a lot of panic buying going on to ensure companies get their product or get first in line to get product from China.
Some Mfg's are actually proactively channeling their mfg. to other parts of the world if they have capacity to back fill China production.
I have seen the same thing happen with the Bird Flu in years past.
Our company is restricting travel to conventions and such for the interim.
Amazing how all this affects the economy and such. Wall Street is a roller coaster.
Get a vaccine approved and it will calm down. Last I heard they are pulling strings (GOV) to get something on the shelf.
This will not be the last time we will have to endure this scenario. Ebola was just a few years ago.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you think about it, Black Plague etc, this stuff has been going on for thousands of grays nature’s way of population control...we just keep getting in the way by finding cures

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alfredo C:
quote:

As for 2nd paragraph...this isn’t the political forum but I don’t know where you got your idea from since the media is run by the left 109%.

It’s their narrative

Then why did you turn it into one?

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2811 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It’s their narrative

Then why did you turn it into one?

I didn't YOU DID.

Read your second paragraph again. You even use the word "politicize"

Let's not respond any further on this and blow up the thread.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Just an update:
South Africa is now reporting 38 confirmed cases, up from 1 only about a week ago.

Namibia is reporting their first confirmed case.

From what we know in other countries, the spread will only continue. So unfortunate. It's also already being reported in Rwanda and Kenya.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you think about it, Black Plague etc, this stuff has been going on for thousands of grays nature’s way of population control...we just keep getting in the way by finding cures

And that is a fact though when one thinks about it, no one is in a real hurry to move on to the Promised Land before time. Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CanadianLefty:
Just an update:
South Africa is now reporting 38 confirmed cases, up from 1 only about a week ago.

Namibia is reporting their first confirmed case.

From what we know in other countries, the spread will only continue. So unfortunate. It's also already being reported in Rwanda and Kenya.

As of yesterday, Kenya officially confirmed one case imported into the country by one of its nationals flying in from the USA.

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Flu is already kicking ass in southern Africa. Now with the Wuhan Curse hysteria, clinics are overwhelmed with runny noses.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It wont be long before the South African government will find a way to destroy the Coronavirus....rest assured! Big Grin

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lal:
It wont be long before the South African government will find a way to destroy the Coronavirus....rest assured! Big Grin

rotflmolove that Eastern Cape humour

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Posts: 404 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote