THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Problems on Charles deGaulle in Paris

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Problems on Charles deGaulle in Paris
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anders -
How was your trip to Namibia ??

Posts: 186 | Location: 9750 Honningsvaag, Norway | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Happened to me in Frankfurt, but after some negotiations I could take the Zeiss along in my handluggage.

www.kapstadt.de/lemberg

Hunting one hour from Cape Town

This is a very simple thing to get around! I have a costomizable camera case, that can be set up to take the camara body, and extra lenses! I simply made a place in it for the rifle scope, and my binocs, amoung the camara lenses, and was allowed to take it aboard as carry on!

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Quote:

it's just a warm fuzzy for the sheep.

That has always been the idea of security, at airports! Sort of like the difference between "COVER" and
"CONCEALMENT" COVER will protect you from bullets, concealment will protect you from detection as a target!

Back in the 60s when the anti-highjacking measures went into effect, with metal detectors. We found guns knives in every garbage can on the way to the detector! it was not because the detector worked so well at detecting them, just that the folks carrying them THOUGHT they were! It worked!!!

The problem, today is, the news media has effectively told everyone, exactly what the ways are to get around security! The news media, is the biggest threat to your security when traveling today!

As far as traveling through France with firearms, it will not happen with me, because I can fly free, and I will not fly to,or through,France for any reason! I think Mark Twain had it right,the Comanches would improve their attitude, for sure!

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hell, on SAA now, at each meal they pass out sharp metal forks & knives to every passenger!

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote