THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Do you need Kynoch fillers for double Rifles

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Do you need Kynoch fillers for double Rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

My off the wall guess is about $20.00 per hundred, so it may be cheaper for all of us to just order direct from Kynocho, what do ya'll think.. Would it be worth $20.00 per hundred?? In lesser amounts they cost consideralby more...

Ray,

Hmmmm..... more than I expected. Not an outrageous amount but still a little expensive. And you (Ray) would have to handle all of the boxing and shipping to all of us. IMHO, I just think it's more trouble than it's worth. Dacron is a lot cheaper and much more available. Maybe we should all just keep using the Dacron.

Just my two cents worth....
-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Ray, Just an off the wall question from a magazine rifle user...
What are these things and how do you use them. Do they make good ear plugs?

Thanks Jerry

Jerry,

They're used for filler between the powder charge and the base of the bullet when using Reloder 15 in handloads for many of the Nitro Express cartridges. (The .470 NE for example.)

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
Ray,

I ordered 600 of them last spring and found them surprisingly cheap to have delivered in that amount. They got here about 1 week or so after I ordered them. I'm sure you're getting a savings by ordering them in bulk, but from my experience, I'm not sure if the effort to disperse them to everyone (while certainly generous and noble of you) with the additional shipping charges for the new parcels, will create significant savings for everyone. That said, I really do like reloading my .470 with them. If consisitency is a factor in getting accurate reloads, using these wads would have to be a step in that direction. They are also very quick and easy to insert. I recommend them highly.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tend to agree, the smart thing to do would be for all of us to contact Kynocho USA and have them order them in bulk for US distribution, that makes more since...

I'm getting the opinnion that it would turn into a nightmare of boxing and shipping and at no profit for my time and effort inasmuch as they can be ordered direct from Kynocho in Europe via email that is probably the best route to take....

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,

I'm afraid you're right. We thank you very much for trying to do a good thing!

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is the Kynoch USA website:

http://www.kynochusa.com

Let's nag them into bringing the foam plugs over.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Per Kynoch's web site ( http://www.kynochammunition.co.uk/ ):

-------------------------------------------------

CONNECTICUT SHOTGUN MANUFACTURING CO

of 35 Woodland Street, New Britain, CT 06051-1692

Tel 1 800 515 4867, Fax 860 832 8707

Email : galazan@aol.com

have taken on the Kynoch Agency for the USA.

A wide range of our ammunition is available ex stock and new stocks of ammunition are arriving in the US monthly.

Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Co is run by Tony Galazan who is known throughout the US for his manufacturing skills in his reproduction of the AH FOX shotguns and his own range of superbly crafted over and under and side by side shotguns and rifles. Kynoch is proud to be associated with this well established company whose products are some of the best in the USA.

We wish Tony Galazan and all his staff all the best in handling our products and look forward to a long and rewarding relationship with our customers in the US through this new partnership.

-------------------------------------------------

So, which one is the correct one? http://www.kynochusa.com or Connecticut Shotgun?

-Bob F.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent my email to Galazans, how about the rest of you...

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well both are, of course.
There is no truth to the acusation that I said one was better than the other, or that one or the other was the one true source of foam wads.

John Flip-Flop Kerry

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote