New
Find
Notify
Tools

49 Die In Kenya......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A local woman was selling a new drink to local bar owners called "change'aa" with an extra kick. She mixed methanol in the drink and as a result 49 have died and over a hundred more injured.

Must have been a hell of a party...........JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
It simply amazes me what idiots will put down their throats, smoke, or shoot in their vains, and what some people will sell to make money!

thumbdown Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many still in Hospital after the 'party!!!'

Changaa is their 'regular' illegal brew that is easily obtained...the methanol was the new 'special' ingredient.

Not the first time, about 12 died last month!!!

Mohanjeet Brar (Ph.D.)
www.RungwaSafaris.com
mobrar@rungwasafaris.com

Posts: 30 | Location: Nairobi, Kenya | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Methanol? CH3OH

Don't forget that during the prohibition in the States, Methanol (you know speakeasy?) killed and made thousands of people blind. In France it made the Absinthe (from the wormwood) illegal, people getting either mad or blind.

As I studyed with great attention what Ray was saying on the post "A hundredpounder shot in Zim", I won't make any commentary about the lack of education, which is the rule in most Africa. I insist, LACK OF EDUCATION and perhaps foolish greed.
I bet, NitroX wouldn't use exactly the same words. Big Grin. The trouble is in Europe we are politically correct.

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote