Find
Notify
Tools

Jan Swart
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of young_ph
posted
Anyone ever hunt with Jan Swart? When? How was it? I might be working for him soon.

Posts: 85 | Location: Limpopo, RSA | Registered: 04 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
I hnow Jan very well. He is one of the oldest outfitters in the old Transvaal. Very nice and quite guy. You will learn a lot from him. Send him my regards.

I host a air rifle competition at the Thabazimbi game festival every year. Jan's son is making a habit of winning the competition in the high school division.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Jan a few years ago, and found Jan, his wife Christi, and his two sons to be fine, fine people. They were gracious hosts, and I had a wonderful time with them, and had a very productive, enjoyable hunt as well. thumb

Posts: 92 | Location: Near the Daniel Boone Homestead | Registered: 27 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of young_ph
posted Hide Post
Jaco, I will send them regards. I'm sure I will be learning a ton from him, I'm just waiting for Jan to return from the States, so that he can interview me, his wife interviewed me yesterday and looks happy with my stuff.

Posts: 85 | Location: Limpopo, RSA | Registered: 04 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by young_ph:
Jaco, I will send them regards. I'm sure I will be learning a ton from him, I'm just waiting for Jan to return from the States, so that he can interview me, his wife interviewed me yesterday and looks happy with my stuff.

Hope you get the position. Tell us a lttle more about yourself and the position you are trying to get. What animals are available for hunting on the areas you are applying for.. Tell me about the hunting camp? I have hunted twice with Numzaan Safaris twice and it is only about 50 miles from Thabazimbi which I have been to several times. I shot 16 animals in 17 days of hunting. Numzaan Safaris is in the Limpopo provience. How far is the Transvaal area from Thabazimbi?

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of young_ph
posted Hide Post
I qualified as a professional hunter in 2003 and do a lot of hunting for myself, as well as problem animal control for farmers (jackal, porcupine, pigs etc.) I'm applying as a hunting guide with Jan Swart.
The company offers any hunting including the Big 5 near Kruger Park and Botswana. You can see their website for more details, www.janswartsafaris.co.za
Thabazimbi is in the old Northern Transvaal, now Limpopo.