New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zim Tuskless Hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Most of what I read about hunting tuskless cows in Zim, and most of the hunts I see offered, are in the Zambezi valley. Of course, Buzz is well known for his, but there are other operators as well. I seldom read about any tuskless hunts in the southeast areas, around the Gonarezhou, Save valley, etc. Is that because those populations don't contain the density of tuskless cows as found in the Zambezi Valley, or other reasons?

NRA benefactor life member
SCI life member
DSC life member

Posts: 242 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 09 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was told there was no quota in the Save at one point.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Zambia has opened up Tuskless in the Luangwa valley but not the Kafue as the gene is not common here.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
I'm hunting tuskless in the Save this year!

Posts: 564 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did a double tuskless hunt in Matetsi 3, 2012. That was through Brent Hein (Brent Hein Safaris.) HHK had the area at the time.

Last year, I got an offer from George Hallamore of Zengela Hunters, for a double tuskless in Deka Trails Safari Area.

In Matetsi 3, Ele come out of Hwange late in the season, for the water that is pumped into pans (reservoirs). I'm told that it's the same situation in Deka.

Good luck!

Posts: 447 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Lots of tuskless in the south along the Limpopo at the confluence of the Shashe.

See this report.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, thanks for the information. I saw the report when you posted it, but had forgotten the area you hunted. Rob, any intelligence on the tuskless population in the Save area? I assume you will be on the conservancy?

SCI life member
DSC life member

Posts: 242 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 09 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Mokore has tuskless quote but don't really promote tuskless specific hunts. We saw tuskless there last year.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim, do you mean in Mokore's Save concession?

SCI life member
DSC life member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Custom,

I have tuskless on the Save, Sengwa Research, Matetsi and Forestry in Zim plus the Luangwa valley in Zambia. Anything of interest there?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe, Mark, thanks. Could you PM me with details? And, this will be for 2019, so you may not know rates that far out.

SCI life member
DSC life member

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Custom:
Lane, thanks for the information. I saw the report when you posted it, but had forgotten the area you hunted. Rob, any intelligence on the tuskless population in the Save area? I assume you will be on the conservancy?

Re: intel on Save tuskless, very minimal directly, but I trust the safari company and the booking agent. Yes, hunting the conservancy.

Posts: 564 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Donny01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Custom:
Most of what I read about hunting tuskless cows in Zim, and most of the hunts I see offered, are in the Zambezi valley. Of course, Buzz is well known for his, but there are other operators as well. I seldom read about any tuskless hunts in the southeast areas, around the Gonarezhou, Save valley, etc. Is that because those populations don't contain the density of tuskless cows as found in the Zambezi Valley, or other reasons?

Hi Custom

The tuskless gene is indeed here in the south of Zim, it is however not as abundant as what it is in the north. Through the work we have been doing down in the Save Valley the last couple of years we have seen an increase in tuskless cows and even have a few tuskless bulls on our records.

Don Jooste & Doug Duckworth

doubledproductionsdon@gmail.com
doubledproductionsdoug@gmail.com
doubledproductionstara@gmail.com

Double D’ Productions

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted tuskless on a Foresty concession in Zim a few years back and was surprised at the number I saw during 10 days of hunting. Beautiful area.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks, all, for your replies. This is helpful information.

SCI life member
DSC life member