THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    West Africa hunting DVDs of any quality?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Africa hunting DVDs of any quality?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I am probably doing a Namibia or Botswana hunt next year, but very seriously want to hunt West Africa.

Anyone have a recommendation for a DVD focusing on West Africa; Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, CAR?

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in buffalo, especially, in West Africa. Don't know of any good videos but would be interested as well.

CAR is not West Africa and from everything I've heard is closed at the moment.

Posts: 10127 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 67392 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Sportsmen on Film's Ken Wilson has a video on Cameroon that is just OK but has a pretty good depiction of hunting in that country. Google Sportsmen on Film and you will find their web page.

I've never seen a film on Benin or Burkina but you may try Larry Weishuhn's Trailing the Hunter's Moon website to see if he has his old shows available. He did a two parter on Benin and Safari Chelet.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Mark Buchanan had one hunting in Cameroon, Ive never seen it but it looks good

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter Flack has an excellent one on Cameroon.

Posts: 10264 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents,

I ordered the Rainer Jost (spelling) one from Safari Press, and a couple from that Outdoor Visions guy.

I'll order the Peter Flack one in the morning. Everything Peter touches is golden. The man is a treasure.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craig Boddington TV episode in Burkina Faso

https://youtu.be/FpliHR13IhA

One of Us
Picture of ChristopheMorio
posted Hide Post
Please have a look at this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-tWAl1Y_U8

I am hunting in Benin now, so feel free to ask me for more details.

Best
Christophe

Posts: 205 | Location: France | Registered: 23 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.hatariproductions.com/index.php?id=3

Rainier's DVD came in tonight. Best hunting DVD I have ever watched. I tried to watch another one I ordered by Ivan Carter and ended up turning it off and watching Rainier's film again.

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Rainer's Buffalo hunter III. Actually his whole series is pretty good. Wonderful videography and a good story line without the whackem and stackem mentality like some videos.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2802 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
Another vote for Rainer's Buffalo hunter III. Actually his whole series is pretty good. Wonderful videography and a good story line without the whackem and stackem mentality like some videos.

Ok just found them, I'll get them ordered and give them a shot. I enjoy his photography style.