Find
Notify
Tools

Sci moves dates on the Sci show
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of donner
posted

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Safari Club International has great news! We are finalizing arrangements to hold the 2020 Annual Hunters' Convention February 5-8 in Reno, Nevada, rather than the previously scheduled dates of January 15-18.

DSC is scheduled for January 9-12 in 2020.

Asking international exhibitors to hang around the States for a solid month to cover both shows seems less than ideal also. Many exhibitors will be making a decision to attend only one of the two shows going forward.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
quote:
Safari Club International has great news! We are finalizing arrangements to hold the 2020 Annual Hunters' Convention February 5-8 in Reno, Nevada, rather than the previously scheduled dates of January 15-18.

DSC is scheduled for January 9-12 in 2020.

Asking international exhibitors to hang around the States for a solid month to cover both shows seems less than ideal also. Many exhibitors will be making a decision to attend only one of the two shows going forward.

They had them close together last year. Look what happened. It was a disaster for most exhibitors.

In the final analysis, the show needs to be scheduled so the exhibitors can make sales. Having them back to back was going to cause a large number of attendees to not go. Attending both for the entire show pretty much took two weeks.

I have gone to SCI for over 30 years. I have missed one and I had tickets for that. Without the change, I was going to fly home from DSC on a Sunday and fly to Reno on the next Tuesday. I was really questioning whether I wanted to do that and if it was wise.

For years the exhibitors have bitched about the shows being too far apart. They had to stay in the US too long. They couldn't afford it and on and on. They got what they wanted. Guess what, it was a disaster for most.
\
If they hadn't changed, 2020 would have been worse than 2019 as DSC would be first.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Until it is no longer in Nevada, I won't be going.
Reno and Vegas are a pain.

Dallas trumps both places easily. Cheaper and friendlier too.

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SCI's dates may have changed, but SCI remains the same money grabbing, inneficient organization it always was. Lying about attendance and charging more for it is a pretty bad recipe.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With those dates the SCI show is going to run at the same time as the Harrisburg show, which for me is an easy decision. I can attend the Harrisburg show and see pretty much what I want to see and spend about $30 per day (I live about 50 miles from Harrisburg) or go to Nevada and spend a few thousand for a three day visit before I book a trip or buy anything. Sorry, but for me this is a no-brainer. It also may make me more likely to see about a visit to Dallas.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
SCI's dates may have changed, but SCI remains the same money grabbing, inneficient organization it always was. Lying about attendance and charging more for it is a pretty bad recipe.

SCI has made a mockery of FIRST FOR HUNTERS!

They blackmail exhibitors to give them “donations” .

Either in money or free hunts.

They add more misery to the exhibitors by auctioning those same hunts to compete with them in trying to sell hunts.

And instead of supporting more exposure to the public, you have to buy a membership before you enter!

And let us never forget that each time a new president is installed, we get promised “change”!

Never happened in the past, and it won’t happen now.

SCI is just like a political party.

Improvements are always promised.

Never delivered!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
With those dates the SCI show is going to run at the same time as the Harrisburg show, which for me is an easy decision. I can attend the Harrisburg show and see pretty much what I want to see and spend about $30 per day (I live about 50 miles from Harrisburg) or go to Nevada and spend a few thousand for a three day visit before I book a trip or buy anything. Sorry, but for me this is a no-brainer. It also may make me more likely to see about a visit to Dallas.

Its run into the Harrisburg show on dates for several years now.

I have been to both many times; they are not even close to being the same thing.

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am well aware of the differences between the two. I stopped going to the SCI show when the dates of the two overlapped. I have been to the SCI show a number of times and have booked hunts there. Also attended a couple of get togethers with AR members.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
There are disadvantages, but I still think it’s a good idea.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They add more misery to the exhibitors by auctioning those same hunts to compete with them in trying to sell hunts.

This bugs me the most and I am not an exhibitor.I think such lack of respect is evil.It bothers me to attend another one of their conventions with this going on.Does SCI dream of being the one and only outfitter?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote