New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Bror Blixin
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Like an old tune you can't get out of your head, a saying that Bror Blixen was fond of using kept running through my head. I remembered the ending, but could not quite recall it all. Last night I found it.
"Life is life, and fun is fun, and it is oh so quiet when the goldfish die."
Blixen said it just about summed up life. It is attributed to an old Coptic proverb.
It is still running through my head but at least I now know the whole saying. Now, if I only knew what it meant.

one of us
posted Hide Post
huntingcat:

Ah! but what a good story teller! Leaving her personal life aside, she knew how to show the reader what she wanted to say about Africa. (I have a copy and this thread has me determined to read it again)

Posts: 649 | Location: NY | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Altho I enjoyed the movie I feel that the music,by John Berry, was worth the price of the movie.It is playing on the stereo as I type this.One of my all time favorites.
Bravo

Posts: 109 | Location: New Mexico,USA | Registered: 06 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Another thing about the movie and the book "Out of Africa" was its portrayal of the joy of flight over the veld. A new experience for people of the time. And not in horrible closed stuffy cockpits but in the open air.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote