New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoka versus Keenes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have used Keene’s for years. While I like them, I have had some problems. They have to be re-sewn after every trip.

I got home yesterday. My wife had bought me a pair of Hoka sandals for walking around the house . They are incredibly comfortable. I checked their website and saw they have a model similar to the Keene’s. Has anyone used these ? How do they compare?

Thanks!

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HOKA products are fantastic. Husband has been running marathons for years using the Bondi line and he convinced me to try them for everyday use. Excellent quality and cushioning.

My Father-in-law recently turned 90 and still walks everyday. He also has become a convert to HOKA.

You cannot go wrong with any of their products.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have used them for several years. I have a pair of their hiking boots, high ankle. Great but a caution- they are not as durable as the keens. Another option would be the Oboz line. A little more support in the sole. My Hoka slides are like butter....

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is good info, Thanks.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3402 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I’ve been a visitor at hospitals over the past 4-plus years. During that time, I noticed nurses would predominantly wear Hoka or On Cloud shoes.

Whether that translates into hunting shoes, I do not know. However, I do know the nurses are always on their feet for 12 hour shifts.

If I ever get back into running, I’ll be looking at them. I might also search for a hunting version.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
HOKA Kaha 2’s are the most comfortable hiking/hunting boots I have ever worn.

I also have a pair of their low rise Bondi 8’s that I use for walking and workouts.

They are a cut above the competition when it comes to comfort.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
My daughter and her fiancé only wear Hoka’s for running and while she only runs marathons, he runs ultras up to 100 miles and he swears by Hoka’s. She is a registered nurse and wears them in the hospital for 12 hour shifts as well.

Larry, I have both Hoka athletic shoes and the Kaha 2 hiking boot. They’re incredibly comfortable. I’ll be wearing them in the Selous in August. You should try them, I think you’ll find them surprisingly comfortable.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
HOKA Kaha 2’s are the most comfortable hiking/hunting boots I have ever worn.

I also have a pair of their low rise Bondi 8’s that I use for walking and workouts.

They are a cut above the competition when it comes to comfort.

+1 tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Hoka's I wear have soft vibram soles and they are very comfortable. I normally hike 5 miles a day in them here at home. I've worn them on many African safaris with great results.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have problem feet, and have tried most everything. My wife says I am the Imelda Marcos of boots.
The Hoka Kaha is about the best I’ve found for hiking boots. I wish they made a non gortex version. I am wearing the Kaha, predating the Kaha 2. I liked them so much I bought a second pair just in case they quit making them. I wear the Clifton and Bondi more for daily wear.
Check out their website. I’m a pronator and tend toward shoes with more stability, and the extra plush in some models suits me as well.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My sandals arrive today while I was away on the travel day from hell. They look very comfortable. However the soles seem very soft. I am concerned about thorns .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven’t had any thorn issues, the soles on the Kaha are very thick. The softness also makes them pretty quiet.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote