THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Receiving agent for Trophies for mid-south USA

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Receiving agent for Trophies for mid-south USA
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,

My trophies are about to be shipped from TZ.
I'm in Nashville, TN.
I believe the closest Port of Entry to me is Atlanta.

Can anyone recommend a good receiving contractor for my trophies in Atlanta?
(And let me know if I'm wrong about it being a port of entry...)

Thanks,
Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Either Coppersmith or Fauna and Flora can handle everything for you. Coppersmith is based in TX and F&F in NY, but their location doesn't really matter for their services.

As for the Atlanta question, I can't answer that one. I would suggest looking one of these companies up and asking them.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
You can get any broker to do this. I'm sure there are some in Atlanta. The trophies just need to get cleared at a port of entry where there is a USFW office (Atlanta?). You can find that out on-line.

I used one in Chicago several times because that was as close to KC that I could get. Will have to pay fees and trucking costs to Nashville from wherever they get cleared.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Copper Smith in Atlanta back in 2004. Talk with your taxidermist if you are having your trophies mounted. My stuff came to Atlanta, then my taxidermist had me ship everything to the tannery in Texas, they in turn shipped him the horns and skulls and later shipped him the tanned hides. I felt like I paid too much shipping. IMO if your taxidermist is close to you ship them to Memphis or Atlanta. If he is far away say NY or TX ship them to the taxidermist or near to the taxidermist and let them handle it.

YOu can now clear your trophies in Memphis. There is some confustion as to whether they have to be shipped care of a taxidermist or whether you can meet USFW amd pick them up yourself.

I am going to Zambia next month and will talk to our PH and see who he used to dip, crate pack and ship our trophies. Then I plan on contacting them and seeing which carries they perfer to use when shipping what will be the best way to ship and where to ship to.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Coppersmith will do you a good job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
I also have been working with Coppersmith and have been pleased so far. I have only heard good things about them.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 884 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote