THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Ever wonder why leopard are so hard to spot?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever wonder why leopard are so hard to spot?
 Login/Join

posted
Ever wondered why leopards are so hard to find? Leopards are known to be the 'Ghosts' or 'Assassins' of the African bush. They are extremely clever, cunning and their unique rosette-painted coats all complete a formula in nature for becoming nearly invisible.

Click on the attached link to the Tuli Predator Project web site where we are trying to raise awareness of predators under threat. Give me your honest feedback if you're able to spot all the leopards in the slide show..... I bet you can't.

http://tulipredatorproject.nin...ogs/spot-the-leopard. After you've accessed the site click on "Well, SPOT THE LEOPARD!.ppt" to see all the "invisible" leopards....

We welcome your support and donations...
www.tulipredatorproject.ning.com
fredv@myhunterslink.com

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I found most, but not all.

Nice presentation.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was cool. A friend of mine was doing some rehab on a leopard they were planning on turning back loose into the wild. We killed an impala to feed it. I walked up to the enclosure and could not see the cat. I figured the leopard was in the back and would move up when we pitched the food in. When the impala went over the fence the cat stood up. He had only been maybe four feet from me the whole time. I felt pretty stupid.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a lion picture like that. We were in tanzania hunting buffalo and at one point the trackers stopped the truck and kept pointing off to the right and saying lion. I couldn;t see anything but took a few pictures anyway. When I looked at the pictures later at home I couldn't see it either. Fast forward a few years when i bought a 30 inch high resution monitor and lo and behold there it is, not more than 50 yards out.

Posts: 572 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe, because God spotted them first! Pun intended...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe, because God spotted them first! Pun intended...

Groan!!!!!

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's very cool. It would be harder if most of them weren't centered in the photo.

We went out with a biologist that was doing research on a collared leopard. We knew we were very near the leopard but no one could find him. We drove back and forth with 6 or 7 of us looking for him and finally spotted him. In plain sight. They can be hard to spot. Smiler

Here's one.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
Wow! That was neat. Little bastards can hide anywhere, eh?

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjw:
That's very cool. It would be harder if most of them weren't centered in the photo.

We went out with a biologist that was doing research on a collared leopard. We knew we were very near the leopard but no one could find him. We drove back and forth with 6 or 7 of us looking for him and finally spotted him. In plain sight. They can be hard to spot. Smiler

Here's one.

The tail gave it away. Big Grin

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yea the tail gave it away, good stuff

Posts: 59 | Location: villa rica, ga | Registered: 24 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Good post..even if I didn't find them all

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Ditto! It sharpens your visual skills for sure! Big Grin