Find
Notify
Tools

Books and Movies
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted
I am heading to the RSA in early July on a plaines game hunt. Being this is my first trip to Africa I have many questions. Can anyone suggest movies or books about the subject that might enlighten me.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair

http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too will be making my first trip to Africa, but not till 07. The most helpful source thus far has this site. I have yet to find any type of informative video, just entertaining. Sorry I can't be of more help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boddington on buffalo is pretty good dvd, Africa hunter 2, perfect shot are good books.

Posts: 129 | Location: Darrington Washington | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Outdoor Visions has numerous videos of plains game hunting in RSA. Try to find ones that take place in the area you are hunting (Limpopo, East Cape, etc.) as this will give you a better idea of the terrain in that area.

Robertson's book The Perfect Shot is very good for shot placement.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I'll add 'The Safari Experience' by Craig Boddington to your list........

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Get and read: "Hunting Africa, A Practical Guide" by GP Swan, DJ Botes and PL Smit. Has everything in it you need to know. That book, along with "The Perfect Shot", will more than adequately prepare you for your hunt.