Find
Notify
Tools

375 H & H SAKO - what model
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigB
posted
A friend is selling a Sako 375 H&H but does not know the model. It has a Shilen barrel and Fajen stock. It was built about 15 years ago. Only description on the action is SAKO AV serial number 620xxx. Action uses 2 large lugs- push feed, right lug runs entire length of the bolt. 2 position safety right behind the bolt handle. Hinged floor plate, 2 screws hold the floorplate on. Scope rings are mounted on dovetails on top of the receiver.

Anyone know what model this is and its value.
It shoots well and only has 20 -30 rounds through it.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a L461R Finnbear .375H7H, bought in 1991. However, the lug on mine does not run the length of the bolt. Could you be thinking of the piece of steel that holds the extractor (this part does not rotate with the bolt)?

If it's the Hunter model, I'd say about $950.
The Deluxe model might go for about $1200.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
George

That is correct it is the steel that holds the extractor and does not turn with the bolt.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
In that case, it's safe to say that it is an AV action (Sako made 5 sizes AI-AV), and it probably was an L461R.

Since it's not in original configuration, it may bring more or less than the numbers quoted. The Shilen barrel is a good thing, the Fajen may not be.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My .300 H&H is an older AV actioned Sako .375 H&H that I had hart rebarrel with a SS barrel. I did also drop it into a Brown Precison stock and its a heck of a rifle. Good actions, a good trigger thats easily adjusted and a decently strong extraction system. I have had a bunch of the small Vixen actioned Sakos al the way to a .375 H&H or two. All have been accurate rifles.
With the rebarrel and restock its theoretically worth less than a stock rifle but if it fits you well and shoots well its worth what ever YOU wish to pay. I have a spare factory barrel too BTW if you ever needed it.
FN

Posts: 950 | Location: Cascade, Montana USA | Registered: 11 June 2000Reply With Quote