Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sportear vs ESP
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I ordered a set of Sportear and found that they did not meet my requirements as to how they protected my hearing. I returned them in mid August and despite calls multiple times a week, I did not receive a refund until mid October. I ordered a set (again with impressions of my ears included) to ESP and not only did they work super, Jack got them back to me finished in under a week. I was heading to Zimbabwe the following week. Wondering if anyone else have had an experience like this???

Posts: 5 | Location: Bangor, ME | Registered: 02 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had a pair of ESP (analog) protectors for over 10yrs and have only had to return them once for prompt and courteous service.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ESP here as well. No complaints.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WHAT?

Seriously, I do need to check into some of these. Anyone got a website or something?

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hairbol
posted Hide Post
Tried the Walkers stuff when I didn't have 2 nickels to rub together and they were maddening. Have the "best" muffs and they are good but, not upland friendly then I got the ESP's - Best ever. 3 bird seasons and 2 Africa trips later and I'll never be without.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to see this post, as I am considering a transition from electronic muffs to customized, in-the-ear, digital type devices.

What say you guys? Recommendations?

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had two pairs of ESP. I take protecting my hearing very seriously and they have been terrific.

Jack Homa has a terrific product and he personally stands behind it. If you go to SCI he typically has a booth and can make custom molds of your ear there.

Highly recommend.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
WHAT?

Seriously, I do need to check into some of these. Anyone got a website or something?

Here is a link to Jack Homa’s website. Here is a link to a product review article I wrote in 2011 about the then new ESP Dynamic.

Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWL:
Glad to see this post, as I am considering a transition from electronic muffs to customized, in-the-ear, digital type devices.

What say you guys? Recommendations?

I bought a set of Walker Game Ears about 6 or 7 years ago and they're still going strong and haven't given me any problems at all...... I'm very impressed with them but of course, haven't compared them to anything else that's out there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there a set that will work without the annoying wind amplification? I used a set of Walker's Game Ear electronic muffs and the wind amplification was unbearable. Any units out now that cancel the wind noise?

Posts: 87 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John Weaver, Read Shawn's product review article,very good read.jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote